Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has your water ever broken/leaked slowly?

Posted by   + Show Post

How did it start? 

How did you feel? 

This has never happened to me before but I'm having certain symptoms and wanted some input. I go to the doctor tomorrow regardless to get checked. 

by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
Playitagain
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:03 PM
First time was a leak, second time it gushed then stopped, then gushed. They did an ultrasound and dd had ripped it only or something with her hand. They had never seen it before and were freaked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynnd4
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM
With my first it broke. It was a slow leak, at first it felt like I peed a little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I was getting out of the shower and bent over to get my bra. I felt her kick and felt like I pissed myself. It kept happening in little gushes that I couldn't stop. It's funny because I was actually showering because we were leaving to be induced, I was 2 weeks over. It wasnt a full rupture. When they checked me I could feel the bag still had fluid in it and I could hear it through my body, if that makes sense... Most disgusting feeling ever!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM

How long did you leak with the slow leak? How many changed pads/pantiliners?

Quoting lynnd4:

With my first it broke. It was a slow leak, at first it felt like I peed a little.

art.diva
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM
I was sitting on the couch with my husband, and I started feeling wet. I went to the bathroom, thinking that I was peeing on myself, and I realized my water broke. It was just a small trickle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynnd4
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I did a liner then a pad in the doctors office. This was over a few hour period. I didn't get contractions for about three hours.

Quoting GomezMami2908:

How long did you leak with the slow leak? How many changed pads/pantiliners?

Quoting lynnd4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM

yes.

it started slowly. like the kinda weird wet warm feeling you get accidentally wet your pants when you sneeze. just a little bit of wetness. almost barely noticeable.

it was a confusing feeling. because one minute your fine the next your like having too much of something leaking down your leg and its warm. and your thinking "wait i wet my pants but i didn't know i needed to go the bathroom"

as the day progessed the amount of the leak became to scary.

the doctor sent me to the hospital. the delivery happened not to long afterwards. sort of anyway. i ended up in emergency surgery after all.

MixedCooke
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:08 AM

I had gone to the bathroom and noticed a feeling as though water was still trickling.  i put a pad on and didnt think anything of it.  I then went to the bathroom again later in the day and again had that feeling, so I smelled the pad and it didnt have any ammonia/urine smell.  Sure enough when the nurse checked, it was in fact amniotic fluid and apparently I had a small leak and because I originally noticed the issue at 630am and it was now Noon, they decided to induce me because I had already been exposed too long jeopardizing my health and the health of the baby.  It happened when I was 36 weeks and 1 day pregnant.

kmencl3210
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:10 AM
With my oldest, except it happened at 20 weeks and lasted 11 more...
I didn't notice til I went to the bathroom when I woke up. Guess I'm no help lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TygerLily62
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:13 AM
Mine was a big gush. I actually felt a pop and then my husband, our bed, and I were all covered in fluid lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN