Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Has your water ever broken/leaked slowly?

Posted by   + Show Post

How did it start? 

How did you feel? 

This has never happened to me before but I'm having certain symptoms and wanted some input. I go to the doctor tomorrow regardless to get checked. 

by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
Jamie1972
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:20 AM
My water nvr broke on its own but with my first pregnancy I had a slow leak. Stupid dr stripped my membranes cuz I eas 1cm dilated and wanted to progress my labor. He poked a hole in my sac. I ended up in hospital cuz I fell and thats when they discovered the leak. I only had 6cm if fluid. And losing. Had him the next day. Told dh all weekend I was wet and something was off with he said it was nothing exceopt my nerves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jperry86
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:23 AM
My son ripped the sac open just on the edge of the cervical opening, so I was trickling fluid. I would cough and it would trickle out. Happened for 12 hours. I was already scheduled for an induction that day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:27 AM

My midwife broke mine. Well she was going to. UGH! LONG STORY..anyway she tried to break it, I just wasn't ready. She came back an hour later to examine me again, and it popped before she tried to break it. I wasn't in labor, she was trying to induce me "the all natural way". I ended up having to get pitocin because I wasn't contracting on my own enough. I was in labor for 15 hours, and pushed for 1 hour and 45 minutes. 

When dd finally came out, we were both running a high fever. My water had been broken for so long it caused a really bad infection. We ended up having to stay in the hospital 3 days and 4 nights. DD spent the first two days of her life with an IV cast around her arm having to get antibiotics. 

wodntulk2kno1
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Woke up in the middle of the night, I thought I peed myself. Cleaned up went back to bed, wet again. Soaked my clothes on the way to the hospital. Didnt have any labor pains until they had to induce me cause I was not going into labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:13 AM
Mine did not break with my first two, but my third I didn't feel right all day it was the day after Christmas and I thought I was exhausted. Layed down for a nap and still didn't feel right . I got up to use the restroom abd felt a small gush and thought I'd pee myself. I went pee but when I stood up it didn't stop. It stopped so I got in the shower and when I got out I kept dripping and called dr who said go to hospital. As we were in the waiting to sign in a huge gush and splash of water all over the floor. She was born 6hrs later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Nope they had to break my water at the hospital. So here is a bump for you : )

Mandiii04
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Mine leaked with DD last year. I honestly just thought it was discharge, but it didn't stop all day. As the day went on it started to SLIGHTLY gush when I stood up. Also, every time I went to the bathroom and wiped when I was done the toilet paper would be wet no matter how many time I wiped.

I didn't feel any different. It was happening all day and I didn't have my first contraction until 2 or 3 in the morning (that I noticed).

What sucked was when the triage nurse had to check me. They aren't gentle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Velasquez
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:26 AM
With my 1st dd I leaked very slowly,but never really noticed. My under wear were went,but thought it was discharge or normal. One day at a visit my ob asked if I was still feeling her move often. I said not really. I was only 36wks,he sent me for an ultrasound and they discovered my fluid was low. I was at 2.35 on Thursday. I had a follow up on Monday and it dropped to 2. I was induced that same day,and ended with an emergency c-section.

Didnt leak with my 2nd dd though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:10 AM

My water only broke naturally with my 1st delivery. It was a gush all at once and it was during the transitional stage of Labor. I was already in the Hospital.

Kmary
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Mine broke on its own the first time and it was a big gush, then smaller gushes, then a trickle for quite a while.  I honestly couldn't believe how much fluid was in there!  During my second pregnancy at the end I was totally convinced that I had a small leak because i was constantly very wet (sorry TMI) down there and it didn't smell like urine to me or anything.   But I had it checked out and it wasn't amniotic fluid after all.  Still seems odd to me based on how it didn't smell at all and how much fluid there was all the time, but I guess pregnant vaginas are weird LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)