Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

hoarders

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM
  • 9 Replies
Could you imagine living like that? Walking over who knows what. I don't keep what I don't need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
alwayskk
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I can, in a way, kind of imagine it. My dad has hoarder-like tendencies. It has never been as severe as the people on that show. Aside from characteristics of hoarding, my dad is also lazy and doesn't like to clean. I also think he has a fucked up idea of what clean is.

I had to move in with my dad when I was 20. It was miserable. I spent every SINGLE day cleaning that house, throwing stuff away, organizing. It was just really awful.

My dad collects plastic and those twistie ties. I don't know why he thinks he needs a drawer full of twistie ties. He thinks it's going to save him when the apocalypse comes or something.

melissa632
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Ugh. My husband is a bit of a hoarder. NOTHING compared to those shows, but I think if I wasn't here, it could get close to that bad. It drives me nuts. We have all this crap sitting around that in my mind, is trash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Perfect.Pixie
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this
No. everyone I watch that show, I end up cleaning and throwing shit away. Makes me get itchy just watching yuck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmjmlj
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I know when I don't feel like cleaning I'll flip thru the channels on tv see the show and say oh man I gotta clean. My house is always clean but tidying up and deep cleaning is never done u can always find something. Plus having pet birds you can imagine.

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

No. everyone I watch that show, I end up cleaning and throwing shit away. Makes me get itchy just watching yuck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie944
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Im very much the opposite of a hoarder... i throw away too much.  Then i regret throwing it away later.  I just cant stand clutter!!!

Perfect.Pixie
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM
I think the only thing that gets somewhat crazy is my craft area. Other than that, we somewhat minimalists.

Quoting kmjmlj:

I know when I don't feel like cleaning I'll flip thru the channels on tv see the show and say oh man I gotta clean. My house is always clean but tidying up and deep cleaning is never done u can always find something. Plus having pet birds you can imagine.

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM

No. I don't understand it at all.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM

No...... I cannot imagine.  Especially that one episode that literally looked like a roach motel.  HELL NO!  *starts itching*

kmjmlj
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM
I'm back & forth on this while doing my baseboards listening to the tv its animal hoarding now. No way I like animals but that's a bit much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)