Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

5 year old turning ghost white and having belly aches???-Update

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

(dont worry we already got an dr appt set up for this afternoon).

Just wondering what this could possible be. First started saturday. We were at the park playing all of sudden he come up to me and he looks ghost white and saying his stomach hurt. Well i made him sit down drink some water and rest think he just over heated. He was fine a little while later. It happened again yesterday, This time at the libary. He was just standing there with me waiting to check out and he got pale again and said his stomach hurt. I made him sit down for a bit. We left got home I made him eat a snack and Drink some water. He was fine about 20 mins later. I'm thinking maybe low blood sugar since Diabties run in the family, but both time he had ate a good meal before hand. So I a bit confused. Anyone deal with this and know what it could be caused from?

Update: Post this in the comment, but will post here as well. 
Thank all. He a has a been pooping but still has some blockage. I never heard of this but So possible. so move veggies, fiber, and Fruit for a few day to see if he can get it to pass.  

by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I'm glad you're taking him to the doc. 

I'm no expert, but it sounds like low blood sugar, especially since he felt better after a snack.

lokizmo
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM
My 5 year old had this problem. Her issue we found was severe constapation. We had to have stomach x days done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alreadydidthis
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM
No idea heres a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bri060492
by Bri on May. 10, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Only thing I could think is when was the last time he pooped?

My son always lose some color and his stomach starts hurting if he's backed up

OAmy
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Not sure....hope you get some answers! Update when you can!
treversmommy
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Thank all. He a has a been pooping but still has some blockage. I never heard of this but So possible. so move veggies, fiber, and Fruit for a few day to see if he can get it to pass. 

skittle_jitters
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
When my hemaglobin levels got low I did the same thing only I didn't have a tummy ache. Good luck. Update when you can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rydersmommy178
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Could be hypoglycemic, basically abbug fancy name for low blood sugar. My mom is like that, sometimes it doesn't matter if she eats a good meal, if it doesn't have enough sugar content it still happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennrn79
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM
If it is diabetes and he had just eaten he could be " insulin dumping" but I don't know how common that is in children. Hope the Dr is able to give you some answers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlclzr
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:01 PM

It can be alot of things to do with the liver, my son started having the same issue! The docter told me a list of things it could be. BUT NOT TO WORRY! Good luck please let me know how this goes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)