Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your children's friends *EDIT* Edit #2

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM
  • 34 Replies

My son was walking home (he's in 4th grade and his school is a block away) and he was walking with a friend. He asked me if his friend can come in for a while. I've never met this boy before. Now my son doesn't officially introduce us (which to me is rude and I will be talking to him about this) and goes in his room. The boy says he'll stay until 4.... It's 4:23, he's still here. Anyways, the boy spills his drink (a Gatorade) and my son doesn't tell me. I walk in and am pissed but keep my cool and tell him he has to tell me so I can clean it right away. Anyways I get the carpet cleaner and the spill is under this boys feet. He barely moves (literally an inch or two) while I clean his fucking mess. I told my son he needs to change for soccer. I know this kid will be gone in a few minutes (my parents are picking him up to take him to practice). I can't stand other people's kids. This is the first time he's had someone over. Do you have boundaries or rules for your children's friends? Do they come over during the week? (My son isn't allowed to play video games during the week but my hubs said it was ok). All in all I'm just really annoyed.

EDIT: I am just going to add this because I can see where this post could turn.

My son has a very active social life (soccer 3 days a week, MMA 3 days a week, and league basketball the rest of the year. He also has lots of friends and has no problem making new ones.

I'm annoyed with how the afternoon went.

I don't need to like other people's kids. They arent mine.

The child had no idea that I was frustrated and was asking if he could come back tomorrow.

That being said, I am just curious what other people's rules are regarding friends like when they are allowed to come over, do you know the parents, what are your house rules when it comes to your children's guests, etc.

EDIT #2: My nephews who are DSs age come over all the time and he goes over there.... I wasn't counting them because they are family. No other kids have come over because there really isn't alot of time for that with all his extra curricular activities

by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmjmlj
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM
You can't stand other people's kids? How your son ever to have a social life?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitchiesgirl
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM
That's not the issue.... He has a very active social life. He's in soccer 3 days a week and mma 3 days a week, and in basketball league for the rest of the year. He has lots of friends.

Quoting kmjmlj:

You can't stand other people's kids? How your son ever to have a social life?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hectictracy
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM
I know what your talking about! A little girl comes over to play with my daughter. My daughter is 7,the little.girl is 9. I can't stand her! She's mean,and bossy! When kids come to my house to play with my kids I make it known there are rules here,and if you don't like it,or don't behave, then GO HOME!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmjmlj
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Do you mean other kids that are rude like the not moving his feet if that's the case I see what you mean. I dislike rude kids myself i don't want those habits rubbing off on my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitchiesgirl
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Exactly... It's not that I dislike kids, it's that I see how they act (rude or messy or inconsiderate) and I don't want it rubbing off on my child.

Quoting kmjmlj:

Do you mean other kids that are rude like the not moving his feet if that's the case I see what you mean. I dislike rude kids myself i don't want those habits rubbing off on my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitchiesgirl
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM
What rules do you have? I almost said "let me call your mom and see if it's ok you are here" but I realize we don't live in that kind of world anymore.

Quoting Hectictracy:

I know what your talking about! A little girl comes over to play with my daughter. My daughter is 7,the little.girl is 9. I can't stand her! She's mean,and bossy! When kids come to my house to play with my kids I make it known there are rules here,and if you don't like it,or don't behave, then GO HOME!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hectictracy
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM
When your at my house you will respect our things,you will not talk back to me,you don't go get food because you think you can. If you make a mess you clean it up. If I'm not telling you to do something that will hurt you,do it or go home. Not that I would tell a kid to do something that would get them hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitchiesgirl
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Those are good ones. I feel like handing out a pamphlet lol. Do they come over during the week or just on the weekends?

Quoting Hectictracy:

When your at my house you will respect our things,you will not talk back to me,you don't go get food because you think you can. If you make a mess you clean it up. If I'm not telling you to do something that will hurt you,do it or go home. Not that I would tell a kid to do something that would get them hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hectictracy
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I understand completely! Lol. They come over mostly during the week. The ones that do come over go to their other parents on the weekends. Just let them know you won't put up with any crap. Lol

Quoting mitchiesgirl:

Those are good ones. I feel like handing out a pamphlet lol. Do they come over during the week or just on the weekends?

Quoting Hectictracy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't now how to respond to that....I would have assumed you knew at some point your child would have friends.....guess your house won't be the hangout, which means you won't know what they are up to. I'm sorry, I find this odd. Your child having friends is a good thing I thought. You can set rules (no eating/ drinking except in the kitchen and such.... but you sound down right put out. You could have told them to play outside as well. Children make friends (hopefully) and for the sake of your son, you might want to loosen up a little IMO.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)