Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

if you have a stepmom or your spouse does?

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM
  • 62 Replies
Do you get them a mothers day card? Does your spouse? Just bored and curious?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
naumann24
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:52 PM
No he does not but that's probably cause there's 4 of them and technically 5 cause his dad just remarried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on May. 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Absolutely I do. She's been my stepmom since I was like 5. When I talk about her and my dad, I say my parents. when i talk about my mom, i just say mom. 

my stepmom is someone who was there to help raise me, we've had our bad times, but she's one of my best friends now. The card I got her is actually based around friendship with a tiny bit added in about her being a mother to me. 

WesAndNicksMom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I get my step-mom a card but I'm kind of annoyed that she was over here yesterday hinting that I'm supposed to spend a bunch of money on something for her (this is the same woman who told my SO's parents that my kids weren't really her grandkids 8 years ago).

mama2ameira
by Miss Christina on May. 10, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My dad was with his ex for 9 years and i never got her anything. but i strongly dislike her.

Rydersmommy616
by Crazy on May. 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM
That's great you and your stepmom are so close. I bet she will adore her card.:)

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Absolutely I do. She's been my stepmom since I was like 5. When I talk about her and my dad, I say my parents. when i talk about my mom, i just say mom. 

my stepmom is someone who was there to help raise me, we've had our bad times, but she's one of my best friends now. The card I got her is actually based around friendship with a tiny bit added in about her being a mother to me. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rydersmommy616
by Crazy on May. 10, 2012 at 11:58 PM
That would annoy me too. My dh has a stepmom he doesn't get her card. He use to but like your step. She said she wasn't grandma. So whtever then. LOl

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

I get my step-mom a card but I'm kind of annoyed that she was over here yesterday hinting that I'm supposed to spend a bunch of money on something for her (this is the same woman who told my SO's parents that my kids weren't really her grandkids 8 years ago).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom515
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Dh does and we always get her a card... Well I do anyway... He just signs them lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myperfect4inok
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM
My husband does.
And I have no clue what he's doing for her.
I don't do.anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM

When she said it she didn't realize that SO's parents raised two kids (plus their own 2) that weren't theirs so they were beyond offended!

ETA I forgot to mention that she kept going on about her first grandchild (she brought him over) and I was just thinking I have two kids and each of my brothers have two kids...

Quoting Rydersmommy616:

That would annoy me too. My dh has a stepmom he doesn't get her card. He use to but like your step. She said she wasn't grandma. So whtever then. LOl

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

holls2188
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:01 AM
I do and no no no she's evil!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)