Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sex with Bio Parent

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM
  • 81 Replies

Ok, so I'm watching Dr. Drew on CNN and there are 2 women on there who were adopted and found their biological fathers.  They were elated to find their parent and started growing close to them.  In both cases, these women developed a sexual attraction/relationship with their bio fathers.  Both women were married and both women's marriages survived this twisted infidelity/incest.  They have actually labeled this "phenomenom" as a disorder and have given it the name of Genetic Sexual Attraction, or GSA.  They describe it as "an attraction that happens between family members who've been separated for most of their lives and haven't had the chance to bond properly,”   and say that it's caused by oxytocin, which is the same hormone that happens when a mother gives birth and bonds with her baby, it's just delayed.

So.....I'm thinking, trying to understand and buy into their "reasoning" for this type of behavior and I say the "disorder" is just a way to justify their sick behavior.  It is repulsive!.  It's just sick and twisted.  I know they didn't grow up with knowing one another but they knew when they sought out their fathers that they were related.  They are all adults and met as adults and concsciously decided to have a sexual relationship even when they knew they were related.  They voluntarily did this!!!  What in the hell did they tell themselves the first time they had sex?  They keep saying "when it happened", as if it can some how be equated with like, say, a rain storm or a broken leg.  Those things just happen.  YOU MADE A DECISION TO GO TO A SECLUDED PLACE WITH YOUR FATHER/DAUGHTER, TAKE YOUR CLOTHING OFF AND ENGAGE IN A SEX ACT.  It didn't just happen!!!  Obviously this type of thing has occurred for centuries, but I guess other than being repulsed by the incest because it was voluntary (between ADULTS WHO CONSENTED and not a situation where the playing field isn't level, e.g, a minor child being abused) I'm appalled and irritated that they want to clean it up and make it nice by giving it a nice little "disorder" title.  What do you think?

by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elleinady
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM
12 moms liked this
I lol'ed at "phenomenom". An occurrence of noms! Nom Nom Nom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

...ew

cocoadoll63
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Quoting elleinady:

I lol'ed at "phenomenom". An occurrence of noms! Nom Nom Nom.

Funny!

krissie28
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:16 AM
4 moms liked this

law and order svu just had an episode about this shit..people are fuckd up

kaysha
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Its sick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissa916
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Wtf? Disgusting!
NewMama28
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM
4 moms liked this
Wth. I'm sOrry but comparing it to the hormone oxytocin which is produced to create bonding btw mom and baby??? Ummmmm I DO NOT recall EVER Feeling like having sex with my baby (disgusting) or anyone fOr that matter when I had my baby!!! C'mon!! In fact it was probably the least "sexual" I've ever felt!!!! The bond with your child is the type of bond that should be as asexual as you can get. Argument NOT valid to me. SOrry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Proud Army Wife on May. 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, that's gross,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
You said it best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley0523
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

eww thats messed up and gross!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)