Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

8 month old screaming nonstop...

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:37 AM
  • 4 Replies
so my ds is 8 months old, usually the calmest, content baby i've ever met... 2 days ago (weds) daycare called and i had to pick him up because he had a mild fever and was screaming nonstop, so i brought him to the drs weds. no ear infection, no sinus infection and no strep... ok, he staayed home yesterday too, because he was still warm, but calmed down, last night he had a full belly, was dry and no other problems, yet was SCREECHing until we brought him in our bed... he has no teeth, and no bumps showing that they are coming in, but i have no idea why the calmest baby in the world is screaming like this... its a painful howl when ever he does have a "zack attack" has anyone else gone through this before?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SOCO101
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:40 AM

DD went through a very difficult phase at that age. She always wanted to be held, and she was cutting molars. 

This doesn't sound like that, though. It sounds like something is hurting him. I'd take him back to the dr. if he's not back to himself in a day or two. 

Zacksmama82411
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:51 AM
thanks! its the worst because hes just not himself. dr said to give tylenol every 4-6 hours until hes back to himself, but i am not drugging my kid up, ya know? i gave him some last night to calm him down and a little bit weds when he was having a tough time, but i hate having to :( hopefully hes just getting ready to cut teeth...

Quoting SOCO101:

DD went through a very difficult phase at that age. She always wanted to be held, and she was cutting molars. 

This doesn't sound like that, though. It sounds like something is hurting him. I'd take him back to the dr. if he's not back to himself in a day or two. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Quoting Zacksmama82411:

thanks! its the worst because hes just not himself. dr said to give tylenol every 4-6 hours until hes back to himself, but i am not drugging my kid up, ya know? i gave him some last night to calm him down and a little bit weds when he was having a tough time, but i hate having to :( hopefully hes just getting ready to cut teeth...

Quoting SOCO101:

I really think that's probably what it is. With a few of dd's teeth you couldn't feel anything, then one day she had a tooth! You could try letting him chew on a wet wash rag. 

k.allyse
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I would take him back to the dr. Sometimes infections don't show up right away. My daughter had strep last year and I took her to the dr the second day she was sick, strep test came back negative. She still wasn't feeling well three days later, so I took her back and that time she did test positive for strep. Hope your baby feels better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN