Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much do you owe your mother for giving birth to you? EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/calculate-much-owe-mom-giving-birth-164807197.html

Mother's Day is Sunday, May 13. If you're still struggling with what to give your mom, the American Coalition for Labor Reparations may have the perfect gift idea for you. The ACFLR, a fictitious organization created by the Mother New York ad agency, has created an online tool to help you calculate exactly how much you owe your mom for giving birth to you, using very precise criteria.

The calculator factors in the amount of time your mom spent in labor, the amount of weight she gained carrying you, the number of alcoholic beverages she missed out on, and the stretch marks she incurred, and even gives you an 80 percent deduction from the total amount if you turned out to be a good child.

The ACFLR also posted a comical mock video of moms talking about what they went through during pregnancy, labor, and delivery. So far, the video has gotten more than 5,000 views in the three days since it was originally posted.

People on social media are calling the fake campaign hilarious and saying that it definitely sheds light on how much moms do to give birth. One person praised the ACFLR and tweeted that it is a "brilliant idea." Another person called it "our duty" to repay mothers for their pain and suffering.

If funds are in scarce supply in your neck of the woods, a verbal thank-you may suffice, at least for this year.

And here is the calculator (for those of you having trouble loading the calculator try going to the first link and clicking where it say acflr in the article)

http://www.acflr.org/

Wow, I didn't have a great life either. My father refuses to aknowledge he has a child because I wasn't born with a penis and my mom was a raging alcoholic for as long as I could remember. She would leave me alone from the age of about 5 or 6 to go out to bars almost everynight. I know it's not the worst that could have happened but we are adults now and we need to stop blaming others for what happened to us. Leave the past in the past. This was just supposed to be a cute little joke calculator and too many of you are taking it way too seriously!

by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Replies (81-81):
luvlivelaugh
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM
$76.61 I owe her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN