Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you've had your gallbladder removed...

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:20 PM
  • 12 Replies
Did you ever have pain in the same area again?
Last year, after i gave birth to my 2nd , after lots of gallbladder attacks and a blocked duct, I had my gallbladder removed.

I'm 14 weeks along and tonight, all of a sudden, I started getting the same pain I got with gallbladder attacks except it wasn't as intense.
I got pretty nauseous & the pain had me doubled over.
I'm in the ER waiting now (wanted to be safe rather than sorry since I put it off before when I needed it) and the pain/nausea is subsiding.

Obviously I know it's not my gallbladder anymore & I know they don't grow back ;) The Dr mentioned possible pancreatitis.
Just curious if anyone went through the same.
Other than pizza today I had carrots, applesauce & water so my diet wasn't horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emeraldangel20
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:23 PM

i dont know but this scares me. i had mine removed two weeks ago

Mommy_Jenx3
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM
I had Pancreatitis when I had my gallbladder removed. I don't remember much of it. (it was 9.5 years ago and I was drugged up on morphine) I was in the hospital for 9 days waiting for it to be ok for them to put me under and get my gallbladder out. I hope they figure out what's wrong. That cannot be fun being pregnant and dealing with that!
JaimieLynn8
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no! I'll let you know what happens. I don't know if it's hormones interfering but this is the first time this has happened so I'm hoping it's nothing!

Quoting emeraldangel20:

i dont know but this scares me. i had mine removed two weeks ago

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandi2781
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM
It is possible to be having phantom pains. I have them all the time and it feels just like I am having an attack. Mine has been out for 5 years to. I just get a pillow and hug it to my stomach and rock til it quits. Hope all is well with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Yep.

Probably the pizza is the culprit.  Generally, pizza, greasy, spicy & fatty foods can cause a lot of pain!

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I had the same thing as you around 20-30 weeks along. It was just like the pain from the gallbladder but it subsided after a while.

I thought they were BH and brought it up to my dr the next time  went in. She mentioned a small bile duct that can become blocked and inflamed like the gallbladder if you have had it removed. It could also be your appendix if its on the right side.

I had both out so I know lol. Good luck

littlemama1989
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:51 PM
I had mine out Dec. 26. I had something like an attack a few weeks ago but it didn't last as long and it wasn't as bad. It happens. My mother had hers out years ago and she said she had pain occasionally for a few years after and a woman i know still has alot of attack-like pains even years after. Id still have it checked out but i guess it still happens to some people. Hope u feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elle3615
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM
I've had the same thing happen to me, not so much anymore but for about 2yrs after i had it removed i had the attacks pretty often i still have them now but not very often and not as bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohmommi
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM
I had mine out feb 2008 and I still get attacks every now and then....most are not so bad but i've still ended up in the er a few times since. They are not sure what is going on and I've had 2 different
MRIs. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Sherry on May. 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I have "ghost" pain in that area, and sometimes I get nauseous from the dump I get from my liver. I've been checked twice before I learned, it's a part of life and I just have to deal with it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)