Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do Your Kids Have a Cell Phone?

Posted by   + Show Post

mine do not...can't afford it..they are old enough to get jobs to pay for/chip for them if they want them badly enough. 

by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 9:41 PM
When he can drive he can have one. Not a moment before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
That would be a negative ghost rider! But then again they are only 3-1/2 years old and 6 months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy01
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Yep, the oldest dd has had one since she was 16, she played sports spring, summer and fall. the youngest has had one since she was 18.

Schleetle
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:44 PM
No, but my boys are 9. My daughter is 2... DS2 has asked me for an iPhone, umm no way! Lol he broke his laptop so he's not getting anything for a LONG time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Yes, due to them getting out of school as I am leaving school they must ride the public bus and walk a half mile to the house. DD11 has a pay as you go because she is too sneaky so she gets limited mins. DS13 is on our plan and is restricted mins.

shyanntech
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM

My 8 year old has one but i have it set where he cant call out from 8:00am to 3:00pm when he is in school.. We had a bully problems. the school wouldn't do anything about it since it was off school grounds. so we put him on accont for the cell and it was a free cell to.. Then we put him in self-deffents. But with the bully problem i wanted to make sure he had a way to get help.. 

Whisper85
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Nope! My boys are only 2 and 4. I didn't get a cell phone until I moved out. 

kiddycat73
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM
My 12 year old DD does. My 14 year old DS does not because he has lost 3 of them, and I refuse to buy another one if he can't be responsible. If he wants one, he has to buy it himself and figure out how to pay the monthly bill, because I'm not doing it. My almost 11 year old will probably get one for her birthday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moniagee
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:51 PM
My 11 and 12 year olds have phones, but the three younger ones don't. I mean, they're 9, 5, and 3. They don't need one, lol. Bit the 2 big boys visit with friends and have extra curricular activities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calusari
by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:59 AM

My daughters are 9 and 7, and do NOT have cell phones...but they both have kids in their classes who do. Why in the world would kids those age need cell phones?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN