Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do Your Kids Have a Cell Phone?

Posted by   + Show Post

mine do not...can't afford it..they are old enough to get jobs to pay for/chip for them if they want them badly enough. 

by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
AmberRose1122
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM
My son has an iPod touch that texts, but he's only 8. Most of the time he just texts me silly random movie quotes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aspiemom0203
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:03 AM
Middle School yes, but he only wanted it because it's a gadget. I was hoping it would help him with social skills. I could turn off the service and he'd never know:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:06 AM

LOL, no mine do not have cells.

They're 9 & 6.

I've told ds when he can buy his own phone and pay the bill, then he gets a cell.

He goes back and forth between saving for a tracfone and using his $ for Pokemon cards.  Oh the agony of decision. LOL

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:07 AM

My son has an Ipod Touch too.  He doesn't have access to the internet on it though.  I will type in our network password for him sometimes to download or buy stuff(with the Itunes card that HE buys, LOL).

It was used and I bought it from my stepdaughter for $40.

Quoting AmberRose1122:

My son has an iPod touch that texts, but he's only 8. Most of the time he just texts me silly random movie quotes.

MrsKish
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:09 AM
No, but they take mine all the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberRose1122
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:09 AM
We have everything blocked except for the text feature. Poor deprived children lol :)

Quoting ninipanini:

My son has an Ipod Touch too.  He doesn't have access to the internet on it though.  I will type in our network password for him sometimes to download or buy stuff(with the Itunes card that HE buys, LOL).

Quoting AmberRose1122:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:13 AM

How neglectful! 

LOL

Quoting AmberRose1122:

We have everything blocked except for the text feature. Poor deprived children lol :)

Quoting ninipanini:

Quoting AmberRose1122:

luvmylittleboys
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Yes my 19, 18 & 13 year olds do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:18 AM
This

Quoting CrystalDawn2506:

Nope but she is only 5 so no need for one yet lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmh4girls
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM

My oldest 2 girls do (ages 14 and 12)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)