Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So - some of you may have read my previous thread. Where my bestie who I love to death - I am making her sons birthday cake this year - again I make most of her 3 kids cakes all their lives.

Well this year - she also asked me to make her a work cake for free- which I can't do - things got a little out of hand - but she swears she understands, and promised she appreciates what I do and understand the time and money I put into the cakes I make for her kids, and didn't meant to belittle that.. bla bla bla.

Anyhow we worked it out.

And now I went and made her sons birthday cake... I am so not happy with it. I normally don't do carved cakes, and I have had the worst headache of my life for two days now.. Just soooo not feeling creative.

I think its okay.. but I'm afraid she might think its less than par because of the misunderstandings earlier in the week.

Ughhh

Anyhow here's the cake

by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Replies (51-58):
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on May. 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM
It looks fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicndetsmom
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM
I think you did great:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelenia
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Oh mama! It looks great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rednaxelaym
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:13 AM
I made a cake like that...it turned out nice, but brought me to tears several times. It was of course far better than my spongebob cake....im still pissed about that one. Anyway, i think it looks fine....but as for what she will think....i dont know...i havent seen the cakes you have done for previous years.
Josie.Grossie
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:15 AM

How cute!

mich.el.le
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Quoting FooLynRoo:

LOL! that's tomorrow? Have fun!!

Quoting mich.el.le:

I think it's adorable, but what do I know. Im the worst bday party thrower ever. lol

No, next weekend I shall go down in history as worst mommy and birthday party thrower ever. lol

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM

You did a great job on the cake. 

FooLynRoo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM

OH it will be fine!!

so they walk away dirty and hungry - i've had dates end much worse than that!

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

LOL! that's tomorrow? Have fun!!

Quoting mich.el.le:

I think it's adorable, but what do I know. Im the worst bday party thrower ever. lol

No, next weekend I shall go down in history as worst mommy and birthday party thrower ever. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN