Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How set are you in your ways...

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM
  • 29 Replies
How set are you on your opinions and beliefs? When did you become set in those opinions and beliefs? Did something trigger it or did they become established over time? Have you ever or could you ever had/have your opinions and beliefs challenged and as a result you have changed your perspective? What is your favorite opinion or beliefs that you have and why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuctorEtEmergo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM
The only topic I'm set in my way is being an atheist. I don't see that changing.
LuctorEtEmergo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Mine have changed over time. I am big on experimentation and research so I often find that with time, and new research I change my mom. Some stuff I am set on though.

Idk what my favorite belief is... I like them all, thats why I have them. I guess I am pretty serious about the car seat business though.Also that pregnancy does not = invalid. lol

I don't believe in God, I am pretty set on that. I'm not sure that will ever change because I really want to believe since I see how much peace it gives some people. It just makes no sense to me though.

LuctorEtEmergo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Thanks ladies for your responses!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on May. 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I have become a lot more opened minded as I've grown older. I used to be anti gay marriage, pro-life, anti atheist (I guess you can say). I'm now pro-equal rights, pro-choice, and I'm an atheist.

LuctorEtEmergo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:49 AM

who is the bad at the bottom of your comment?

Josie.Grossie
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I think I have a core set of beliefs that will never change. They are my favorite and it is live and let live type belief. I believe hate is bad and I try to avoid it. I do not even like the kids to use the word hate.

I use to be atheist but am now Agnostic.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on May. 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Yes I am set in my ways. It would take a lot to change them. Most were developed over time. Some were due to a traumatic event.

tennisgal
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Perfectly set. I always joke with DH that for the past 12 years nothing has changed and for the next 20 nothing will change...and that's how I like it, same 15 dinners, same picture frames throughout the house, the boys clothes are always polos and khakis. I just like things to be the same.  I've always pretty much had the same ideals. I didn't grow up conservative and then become more liberal during college. I am probably more conservative b/c I had a family young and I just feel like they are common sense sort of things I guess. 

I really think the most important belief/opinion that I can think of is the idea of a traditional family. I'm not sure how much to elaborate though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)