Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
How set are you on your opinions and beliefs? When did you become set in those opinions and beliefs? Did something trigger it or did they become established over time? Have you ever or could you ever had/have your opinions and beliefs challenged and as a result you have changed your perspective? What is your favorite opinion or beliefs that you have and why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Replies (21-29):
LuctorEtEmergo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Sorry for all the questions I just thought it would give people the chance to elaborate if they wanted to :-) thanks for responding

Quoting Amyinthesky:

Wow that is a lot of questions. I can be set in my ways on some things others I am more flexible on. I love to be challenged. I have changed my perspective on God after twenty some years. Some beliefs were triggered  some were taught  in the end it always became a personal discovery process. So I guess in the bigger picture I would have to say over time. The belief I cherish most would have to be that we are not all equal but each life is equally valuable.

Amyinthesky
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:24 AM

What?  Fuck man don't apologize it is refreshing.  I should have elaborated more but I am getting off of night shift and  I need sleep lol Thank you for posting.

Quoting LuctorEtEmergo:

Sorry for all the questions I just thought it would give people the chance to elaborate if they wanted to :-) thanks for responding

Quoting Amyinthesky:

Wow that is a lot of questions. I can be set in my ways on some things others I am more flexible on. I love to be challenged. I have changed my perspective on God after twenty some years. Some beliefs were triggered  some were taught  in the end it always became a personal discovery process. So I guess in the bigger picture I would have to say over time. The belief I cherish most would have to be that we are not all equal but each life is equally valuable.

LuctorEtEmergo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Thank you for responding!

Quoting sherry132:

Goodness, that is a lot of questions. I am very set in my beliefs, my opinion, however, changes like the weather. My beliefs are something that I became set in around the age of 30. I don't think any one thing in particular triggered me to be set in my beliefs. I think at the age of 30 I just stopped searching for more and more answers. Have my beliefs ever changed, yes, when I was around 17 I believed many things that I no longer believed when I turned 30. My opinions are always evolving, but my beliefs are very set now. My favorite belief is in soul mates, and the reason why is because I've had two in my lifetime. 

LuctorEtEmergo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Ok I won't next time lol :-p I hope you sleep well. look forward to running into you another time.!

Quoting Amyinthesky:

What?  Fuck man don't apologize it is refreshing.  I should have elaborated more but I am getting off of night shift and  I need sleep lol Thank you for posting.

Quoting LuctorEtEmergo:

Quoting Amyinthesky:

m3lissa_16
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I'm pretty set in my political and social beliefs (women's equality, marriage rights, healthcare, etc.) I have no idea what I believe with regards to religion. I was raised a christian, but now live as an agnostic. My favorite opinion is that everyone has a right to live their lives the way they please and be happy, whether or not that coincides with your own beliefs.

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. 

hautemama83
by Nichole on May. 12, 2012 at 2:06 AM
I think I'm pretty set in my ways. I mean if I can be proven wrong by all accounts on any of my beliefs, then I obviously change my perspective. But other than that nothing is changing. Most of my opinions and beliefs have come as a conclusion (for lack of a better term) from life experience and just facts really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Miller11
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:21 AM

same here

Quoting SarahLizyB:

The only topic I'm set in my way is being an atheist. I don't see that changing.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on May. 12, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I'm more open-minded now compared to 30 yrs ago. I do have some moral values that can't be twisted when they involve me personally and no one else. But that's partly because I was raised in a semi-strict Roman Catholic family. 

LuctorEtEmergo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN