Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

UPDATE #2 (I texted her). The worst bbq I have been invited to (story of my night)

Posted by   + Show Post

I need to vent! Really bad! I need to type these words and get this negativity out of my brain.

So a friend invites me to her house for a casual bbq tonight. She is a serious person but can be charming and fun at times also. You just never know what you'll get with her.

So I show up on time. Nothing is prepared. They (friend and her husband) talk to me for a few minutes and we drink some and they go back into the house and leave me on the deck for a long time!! The husband comes out every so often and talks to me more the my friend does. I am holding my daughter and so it's not easy for me to get up and down and walk around because she is small and needs to be held.

My "friend" literally leaves me out there like forever! At one point I when the husband is back in the house with her, I can hear them having a little argument or something. Husband comes back out to greet me but she stays in. This is the most akward social thing I have been to! I felt so disrespected. I finally get my infant calmed and put her down in her carseat and go in and ask if there's anything I can help with. She replies "No". Okay, so I stand around and she doesn't even look up and talk to me. I am standing there trying to make chit chat and she completely just shut down or something. She is really quiet and that's weird.

Then they cook plain chicken breast on the grill, no salt, no nothing. It was weird. And she throws her husband a pack of hot dogs across the yard and he puts them on the grill. Yes, she literally throws the pack across the yard to him as he's standing at the grill. Does she not consider how uncomfortable her behavior is making her guest? Usually when you don't eat dinner because you're invited over for a bbq you expect to eat. And the hot dogs weren't even for us, they were for the kids. I am expected to only eat a plain chicken breast? No seasoning of any kind. We finally get to eating and it's like she is very sensitive and angry about something. She doen't make eye contact, barely says a word, and just pure weirdness. After eating, I asked her where the bathroom was and she gives me all these turns to make in her house, and I go down the wrong hallway and she says in a condescending way "Noooo, that hallway" and points to it. What is her reason for being so condescending to me? I am such a nice, funny person and I just feel like a complete fool that I allowed her to treat me like this and still after all of her quiet pouting and weird behavior, I am still very nice. So at this point I am ready to just leave.

Oh no!! I can't leave now. A storm is coming and the sky suddenly gets dark and it starts raining and thundering and lightening!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe at this point that I am stuck her putting up with her weird, disprespectful behavior!! pure torture. I wanted to leave so bad but the rain was so hard and I didn't want to drive in it with my children. So I am forced to stay in their house and put up with her unfriendly behavior. Her husband, poor guy, is trying to be social and trying to inject humor into the evening but she just doesn't budge.

So another one of our friend's show up really late. I am so happy because finally I am not alone with her and her husband and their will be someone else there. It gets better with the other friend there. But at this point I am just ready to go. She can see I am holding my infant and my arms are really tired (i even complain that my arms are getting tired) and she offers to give her carrier to this other friend and her baby, not me! I was there for 2 hours before the other person arrived and now I realize she has a carrier and didn't even offer it to me. I am literally so tired from holding my infant that i have to go and sit on her couch. She leaves me there and stays in the kitchen almost all night. If I had a guest in my house, I would be social and make them feel wanted and comfortable. She just completely ignores me. It is very rude that anyone would do that to a friend.

My son see's the cupcakes she has sitting out on the counter and he keeps asking me for one. I say "No honey, they're not ready to serve them yet. Just wait". She can literally hear me say this and she doesn't even say "Ohh, go get one" or "He can have one". She just let's him sit there all night and wait on a damn cupcake. The poor husband wants to give him one but he doesn't want to do it without her approval. Weird! In my house, if a kid asks for something that is intended to be served, we are all done eating, I would give him/her one. It's like she has a power control issue with food and cupcakes, and her husband. It's a bit hard for me to put into words, but I hope you get the drift.

I will NEVER EVER EVER go back to her house. And I think I am done dealing with her weird moody ways. I will silently let her go.

***update-Let me add this part--When I finally ( after 4 hours) had the balls to say, alright I have to go, her husband tried to kiss my hand. I jokingly pretended I just met him and I wanted to shake his hand to say "nice to meet you"..We shook and then he pulled my hand up to his face and tried to kiss it. Then when I pulled it away, he said, okay shake it again. So I shook his hand again and he tried to kiss it AGAIN!!!!!!! I played it off and said "oh you're drunk" and laughed and walked away. That was a little weird because I'm sure my friend didn't appreciate that. Even though she was a complete bitch to me the whole night, she didn't deserve to see her husband try to kiss my hand twice.

UPDATE #2-So, I texted her the other day and told her that I thought she was very standoffish towards me at the BBQ at her house and was anything wrong? She said she was fighting with her husband. She said it very non-chalantly and didn't even apologize or show any care at all that she made me sit there for 2 hours wondering wth was going on. She basically brushed me off in the text. So, I am really close to deleting her from my Facebook. I want to be sure it is not me being unreasonable. Would you delete her?

10 year old and 3 month old...it doesn't get any better than this!big smile mini

by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Replies (111-112):
MotherOF5Cuties
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I can't stand people like that.. When they are pissed off,they take it out on others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Yes, delete her. She could have told you that she was having a fight with her husband. Friends tell friends things like that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)