Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

11 YEARS OF HAIR GROWTH...GONE!!! I'M SOOOOO HURT, BUT HAPPY! ***Kind of pic heavy***

Posted by   + Show Post

My 11 year old ds, Marquis, had a head full of beautiful curls. Earlier this week, he started begging me for a haircut, said he wanted to change up look. I took him to the barber on Thursday. I'm soooo hurt that he wanted to cut it, but happy that he made his first BIG decision on his own. Here he isL:

This is Marquis before *sniff sniff*

MArquis when I flat ironed his hair for a school play.

Marquis now with his haircut!

Marquis' side view. Excuse the barber and my dd in the background, lol. I miss his long hair.

by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on May. 12, 2012 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this

He looks like a totally different kid!  Handsome either way, but he looks so much more grown now.  I'd miss it, too!

moniagee
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, he does look older. And he's tall doesnt make it any better, he's 5ft 6in. A couple of teenage girls approached him at Target yesterday and when I told them how young he was, they ran,lol.

Quoting bascha:

I think he looks great both ways. The shorter hair makes him look a few years older. ;)

mrstheriault
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this

that's quite a drastic change, wow! i can see why you'd be sad, but i gotta say, he looks very handsome either way!! (and i like long hair on males, so this isn't just a flippant comment )i agree with the pp's he does look a bit older with it cut short like that. brave move, i hope he enjoys it! :)

moniagee
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Thank you.

Quoting SOCO101:

Wow! He looks so different, but it looks great! You got a handsome lil man, mama!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moniagee
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:03 AM
Looks are deceiving, lol.

Quoting ripemango:

i like the new cut...makes him look more handsome. He has *such* an adorable face!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellyg1987
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Awe, he's a cutie either way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aspiemom0203
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this
He just grew up like 3 yrs, it must be so hard:( he's very handsome though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BUTTERFLY6112
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this
He looks good both ways! He is a beuatiful lit boy! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bascha
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Holy cow! That IS tall, for an 11 year old.

Quoting moniagee:

Thanks, he does look older. And he's tall doesnt make it any better, he's 5ft 6in. A couple of teenage girls approached him at Target yesterday and when I told them how young he was, they ran,lol.

Quoting bascha:

I think he looks great both ways. The shorter hair makes him look a few years older. ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moniagee
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Lol, he is.

Quoting bascha:

Holy cow! That IS tall, for an 11 year old.

Quoting moniagee:

Quoting bascha:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)