Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Shows seem to be canceled way quicker than they used to.

Posted by   + Show Post

I found out the Secret Circle, Alcatraz and Awake are being canceled among others. BUT there have been rumors almost from the second or third episode on some.

I am really hesitant to even watch new shows now because I feel like my time is wasted if they are canceled right away or leave you with a cliffhanger. Anyone else ticked off about this too? I feel like just waiting now and making sure there WILL be second seasons and renting the first now. *sigh*

by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
kathislove80
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Reality shows are cheaper to make. Plus, there are a lot more channels and TV choices than there used to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaydenzmama
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
GCB too! I had 4 in my DVR nk use watching now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on May. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Nobody writes shows anymore. They just try to redo old ideas or do some stupid reality show.  We cancelled cable in January. Nothing was on anyway and it was dumb to pay good money for bad TV. 

strontium
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats why I dont watch tv.. and if I do... discovery/history/science/military channel

woot for nerds lol

Ilovebnamommy08
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

http://tvline.com/2012/01/03/2012-renewal-scorecard-whats-coming-back-whats-getting-axed-whats-on-the-bubble/

This is where I found what was going to keep and what was being cancelled some of those I loved and can't believe they are being cancelled totally bummed

bookmommy
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

We watch a lot of those channels too. Stephen Hawkings new show is pretty cool.

Quoting strontium:

Thats why I dont watch tv.. and if I do... discovery/history/science/military channel

woot for nerds lol

Trixi.VonLace
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM
I'm pissed about Brothers and Sisters!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on May. 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

never heard of those

Jperry86
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM
The problem is no one watches shows when they come on... So advertisers dont want to pay as much for no one to watch their commercials. Smaller budgets than before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

They really are. I like to stick with the classics for that reason and bobs burgers is hilarious. It's on Netflix

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)