Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you go to Disney with a two month old? EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

So I wrote a post this morning about flying while seven months pregnant. I just talked to my mother in law and they seem to think it would be better to go before the baby is born but I think as does my husband, that it would be better to go in February after the baby is born. My due date is December 28th. I just feel like this is my first time going there and it might be a little bit of a waste since I won't really be able to do anything. I won't really be able to enjoy myself. I was wondering if anyone has ever gone to Disney with a young baby? How was it? If you were me would you go before the baby comes or after? 

Just wanted to add in case people didn't see my other post. The reason we are going now and not when the baby is older or whatever is because my mother in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few months back. This is a trip she was planning for the whole family for awhile now. We weren't planning on going so soon, but now with her health problem, we think its best to go now. We dont know if she will be around to go next year. That is the reason we are not waiting. 

by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Replies (101-110):
Pnukey
by Jennifer on May. 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM

We have gone while pg, with a newborn and with a toddler. It's a total waste of time to go while pregnant or with a kid under 3 or 4. 

Momniscient
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

A 2 month old is much much more enjoyable than a toddler at Disney.

Mommytime33
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM

The reason we are going now and not when the baby is older is because my mother in law has pancreatic cancer and this was a trip she really wanted to take with my 5 year old. We were planning it for a few years but now that this happened our plans have changed. 

Quoting Beautifulmom513:

I honestly would not go at all till all kids are old enough to go. Disney is expensive and its better to go when kids are old enough to remember and enjoy everything. I would probably wait till they teenagers. however if you really want to go now, I would wait till after baby is born. at least then you can pass the baby off and be able to go on some rides yourself. it would be a waste of money to go when your are pregnant cuz you can't go on any rides. all you can do is the shows. for as expensive as Disney is, that would piss me off to pay all that money and not get to do anything. and if you go after baby comes baby is free either way. I would not want to walking around Disney being big and pregnant. its a huge park and lots of walking and standing in long lines. there isn't much seating around the park. I would be miserable going while pregnant. It will be way more enjoyable and worth it after baby comes.

acbbsmama
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I personally wouldn't but that's just me.

emmy526
by Emmy on May. 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

i wouldn't go there preggo OR with a 2mo old.  wouldn't be any fun either way. 

becky.riley
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM

It's your call, but I took my then six month old and I spend most of my time in the nursing and changing stations. I wouldn't do it again.

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

ok that makes much more sense and is totally understandable. I would still say going after you have baby is a better idea. but thats just me. I am miserable when pregnant and walking around a huge park all day is not my idea of fun. myself I would have more fun after baby comes. but if this trip is more for your mil and 5 yr old then I guess it doesn't really matter either way. good luck on whatever you decide :)

Quoting Mommytime33:

The reason we are going now and not when the baby is older is because my mother in law has pancreatic cancer and this was a trip she really wanted to take with my 5 year old. We were planning it for a few years but now that this happened our plans have changed. 

Quoting Beautifulmom513:

I honestly would not go at all till all kids are old enough to go. Disney is expensive and its better to go when kids are old enough to remember and enjoy everything. I would probably wait till they teenagers. however if you really want to go now, I would wait till after baby is born. at least then you can pass the baby off and be able to go on some rides yourself. it would be a waste of money to go when your are pregnant cuz you can't go on any rides. all you can do is the shows. for as expensive as Disney is, that would piss me off to pay all that money and not get to do anything. and if you go after baby comes baby is free either way. I would not want to walking around Disney being big and pregnant. its a huge park and lots of walking and standing in long lines. there isn't much seating around the park. I would be miserable going while pregnant. It will be way more enjoyable and worth it after baby comes.

xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Hell no,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortijess20
by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM
I took a 4mo old & almost 3 yr old. I wore him in a carrier most of the day & even rode most of thr rides with him. The only issue we ran into was nap time. Lol too much going on for a toddler to want to nap even though he was so tired. I personally would not go 7mo pregnant just cuz thats usually the most uncomfortable time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gotnothinonme
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:33 PM

We had our son in Nov. and went to Sea World and Disney when he was two months old in Jan/Feb.- it was fine, we stopped and rested when we needed to, if I needed a break with the baby there were plenty of places to take one while hubby and the other kids went off exploring and we kept him warm and fed- while the rest of us had a lovely time- I don't think people need to stop their lives because they have a baby, you figure out how to incorporate him or her and get on with the fun things in life- good luck!

*trade baby off with spouse or family so that all can have some fun and some baby time:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)