Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you go to Disney with a two month old? EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

So I wrote a post this morning about flying while seven months pregnant. I just talked to my mother in law and they seem to think it would be better to go before the baby is born but I think as does my husband, that it would be better to go in February after the baby is born. My due date is December 28th. I just feel like this is my first time going there and it might be a little bit of a waste since I won't really be able to do anything. I won't really be able to enjoy myself. I was wondering if anyone has ever gone to Disney with a young baby? How was it? If you were me would you go before the baby comes or after? 

Just wanted to add in case people didn't see my other post. The reason we are going now and not when the baby is older or whatever is because my mother in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few months back. This is a trip she was planning for the whole family for awhile now. We weren't planning on going so soon, but now with her health problem, we think its best to go now. We dont know if she will be around to go next year. That is the reason we are not waiting. 

by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Replies (81-90):
aml717
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM

We went to Disneyland when my DD was 6 weeks old. It was fine. She slept in the stroller most of the time. I would rather go after the baby is born because you'll be able to ride all the rides if you want.

coug7099
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Why is her stating her opinion "being a smart ass"? I agree with her. I would not take a child under the age of 4 simply because there are too many rides they cannot go on. Reading her list just reminds me of all the more reasons not to do it.

#s 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 will all apply with a 2 month old. Don't ask fro opinions then be a Bitch when you get them.

Quoting Mommytime33:

I don't think you need to be such a smartass about it. I was just asking for opinions. I've never been there so I really didn't know which would be better. But thanks. 

Quoting marchantmom06:

1. The child is older and will listen to you.
2. So the child can ride all the rides.
3. No diaper changes or stopping for naps.
4. Because with small children someone is always left out of the rides to sit with the kids.
5. No whinning and crying
6. It's hot in Florida.
Do you need more?

Quoting Mommytime33:

Why not? 

Quoting marchantmom06:

Ummm no, I wouldn't go with a child under 48 inches, no matter the age.

RiNKeasMom
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Why is it assumed you can't do anything but shows while pregnant at Disney? I've seen this comment over and over now. Disney rides are generally calm and riding while pregnant is no big deal.

Quoting Beautifulmom513:

I honestly would not go at all till all kids are old enough to go. Disney is expensive and its better to go when kids are old enough to remember and enjoy everything. I would probably wait till they teenagers. however if you really want to go now, I would wait till after baby is born. at least then you can pass the baby off and be able to go on some rides yourself. it would be a waste of money to go when your are pregnant cuz you can't go on any rides. all you can do is the shows. for as expensive as Disney is, that would piss me off to pay all that money and not get to do anything. and if you go after baby comes baby is free either way. I would not want to walking around Disney being big and pregnant. its a huge park and lots of walking and standing in long lines. there isn't much seating around the park. I would be miserable going while pregnant. It will be way more enjoyable and worth it after baby comes.

WhenInRome
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I'd much rather go after the baby is born. In September it's still really hot here. At 7 months pregnant I wouldn't want to be waddling around Disney in the heat and having to pee every 5 minutes. Lol.
Febuary is usually perfect weather here. When we go around that time, I wear jeans and bring a jacket with me. It gets cold at night. I go to Disney a lot (seriously, we went 12 times last year lol) and there's always little babies there. I think you will be fine with taking your new baby :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by Emerald Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM

If your that far along....you may not be allowed to ride any of the rides.......wait how far along are  you???

I wouldn't take a young baby ....can your parents watch the child while you go????

reesesami
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM
You can switch off having your husband watch the baby and go on all the rides. Your daughter will love it because she'll get to ride the rides twice, once with Daddy and once with Mommy. They do child switches at every ride.

I'm the oldest of five and we went to Disneyland every year for Halloween because my next younger brother is diabetic and couldn't go trick or treating. For a few years, my mom always seemed to have an infant with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scperdomo
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Hell to the no! LoL. We aren't even taking DS until he's a little older, like 4 or 5. By then we will have another LO, the baby will be staying home with grandma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattsarmywife
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM
We went my daughter was 8 months old. In June it was very hot and with her teething not fun. They offer fast passes so you don't have to wait in the long line. They also let parents switch out. She was able to ride most of the rides except for the thrill rides. I'm not a thrill ride person my husband is so he did those. We also packed a backpack with snacks and water. Food was pricey. We plan on going again when my husband comes home from deployment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:57 PM
After, if adults will be there to help! Some people feel lousy at 7 months.

I went to disney at age 6 and STILL remember it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on May. 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I went to Disneyland when my youngest dd was just a baby and I couldn't go on any of the adult rides with her. So unless you have someone that can watch her while you get to go on some rides, I recommend waiting until she is old enough to go on the rides too.

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)