Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I feel panicked. All the time. Update

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM
  • 33 Replies

Everyone (most of you) here knows I am in the middle of trying to get my son back completely.

I have to pay 275/mo in child support. I have every intention of paying it until I get him back. This is not a matter of me not wanting to pay it.

My issue is, if I don't have the money in by the first of June, I will have a warrant. I got a job, and haven't started yet (I have to do orientation and stuff) and IDK when I'll get paid. I don't know if I'll have the whole amount by the first. If I go to jail, I face losing my younger son, too, and I would just die if I lost him. 

I'm just sick of having to panic no matter what good things happen to me. There is always something I have to worry about (I know it's about being a mom, but there is a difference between not paying your light bill or being late on it, than not paying CS, because I face jail time).

Update: After getting back from my meeting with my boss, I will get my first check on the 26th, I think... or two wendesdays from now. Either way, I'll have some, maybe not all though. I'll take it one day at a time, and I'll be working by wednesday of next week... hopefully my hours add up.

Thanks everyone for the support. :)

by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
themouthyone
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM
(Hugs) can you get a short term small loan from a bank, friend, or family member? I wish you luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Quoting themouthyone:

(Hugs) can you get a short term small loan from a bank, friend, or family member? I wish you luck.

My credit is shot. I have applied for loans before, denied.

Justine1123
by Justine on May. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM
You have 2 weeks or so. I would think you will get a pay check in 2 weeks. Start selling stuff on craigslist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Quoting Justine1123:

You have 2 weeks or so. I would think you will get a pay check in 2 weeks. Start selling stuff on craigslist.

I've got a whole bunch of stuff listed on CL and on my facebook group. Mostly clothes that don't fit me anymore. 

Justine1123
by Justine on May. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM
I would be posting tvs, furniture anything I wouldn't be going to jail.

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Justine1123:

I've got a whole bunch of stuff listed on CL and on my facebook group. Mostly clothes that don't fit me anymore. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Yeah. You're right. I just meanwhile have to maintain a normal looking house for when CPS comes. AHAHHAHAHAHH!

Quoting Justine1123:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Justine1123:

LoriLou75
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Pay every penny you can afford. Usually as long as you are making a real effort to pay, they will not arrest you. Also, the warrent takes about a week for them to obtain, so if you are late, the warrent isn't issued IMMEDIATLY, so pay it asap, once payment is recieved they will stop trying to get a warrent.

LoriLou75
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM

CPS will not refuse to return your child for not having a TV

Quoting hp2011:

Yeah. You're right. I just meanwhile have to maintain a normal looking house for when CPS comes. AHAHHAHAHAHH!

Quoting Justine1123:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Justine1123:

“If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed”.

-Albert Einstein

hp2011
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM

It depends on which caseworker I get... but either way. I don't have a tv to sell.

Quoting LoriLou75:

CPS will not refuse to return your child for not having a TV

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Justine1123:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Justine1123:

hp2011
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Quoting LoriLou75:

Pay every penny you can afford. Usually as long as you are making a real effort to pay, they will not arrest you. Also, the warrent takes about a week for them to obtain, so if you are late, the warrent isn't issued IMMEDIATLY, so pay it asap, once payment is recieved they will stop trying to get a warrent.

Like, if I call my caseworker, and explain that I have a job but IDK if I'll have ALL the money in by the first (but I'll have some hopefully) that she'll give me a few days? I wish they would just set up to garnish my money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN