Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Which risk?

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM
  • 6 Replies
SO's boss called & wants him to meet him in Myrtle Beach tomorrow. Which means he will be driving our only car. Its 3hrs away & I'm 35wks pregnant tomorrow. I told him I'm going to take him & bring the car back bcuz I don't want to be left without a car for however long he's there (could be a week). Well I just told my mom & she's freaking out saying I'm crazy what if I go into labor. I have not progressed at all, I have had a few issues as far as contractions but nothing to put me in the hospital. And honestly a trip to the beach on Mothers day sounds very relaxing. I have family there too.

Which would you risk having no car for a week & living alone with your 3yo while 35wks pregnant OR driving 3hrs while 35wks pregnant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Dorra
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I see no problem with driving 3 hrs. If you are not high risk and are up to driving then do it. Just be careful.

Could you not stay a day or 2 at the beach? 

ermka
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM
I'd drive the three hours. My mom always freaked out about stuff like that too. I drove an hour and a half away (3 hours round trip) to go school shopping for my kids when I was 35/36 weeks & I swear my mom called me every 15 minutes to make sure I was okay. (I decided not to tell her when I got a flat tire on the interstate on the way home & changed it myself.. lol)

Especially if you have no complications, I don't see that it's a big deal at all.. lol, she's just being overprotective.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM
i'd drive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I would never go that long without a car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM
I COULD bcuz I do have family there, my cousins but idk about staying with them. One of my cousins was due last month & she lost her baby in december, so I don't wanna be "in her face" with my pregnancy or anything.

Quoting Dorra:

I see no problem with driving 3 hrs. If you are not high risk and are up to driving then do it. Just be careful.

Could you not stay a day or 2 at the beach? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I'd drive him down. I an't be without a car.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)