Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Less than 2 hours ago i rescued a huge box turtle being terrorized and kicked around in the street by 3 or 4 20something young men. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. What my 5 year old was seeing. I ran outside and told them to stop. But they didnt care. So i elbowed the guy out of the way who had his foot on the poor thing's back and picked it up, put it in the car and drove it to a nearby wood. I said a prayer over it and let it go. I am still really angry about such casually cruel mistreatment of an animal.. One guy actually seemed pissed that i was making them stop tormenting the turtle. I don't understand the mentality behind such behavior. Grrrr! Thanks for letting me vent a little. I feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
DixieL
by Dixie on May. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM

You have every right to vent. That was very cruel. Some teen's or older or so cruel it hard to believe. Thank God you were there and saw what was happening. Happy Mother's Day to you

coffeecake1
by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I'm glad you stopped them, what the hell is wrong with guys.  They seem to pick on helpless things so much these days.  Where are all the real men in the world!

Good for you!

Clubpenguin
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Good for you you rescued the turtle. I probably would have been too afraid to do anything.
hollydaze1974
by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Quoting angelenia:

hey, I'm well known for pulling over and help a turtle get the rest of the way across neighborhood streets :) they are an important part of our ecosystem, too! My husband accidentally hurt one mowing and I took it as quick as I could to the wildlife center so they could fix him up. Had to go get him a week later and he wasn't perfect, but would be fine, but I had to take him home because (get this) a box turtle has only about one square mile of "territory" and will not eat if he's out of his element! ...the more you know ;-)
Liyoness
by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Wow. Letting it go was just as cruel!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Livin w NF1 on May. 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Assholes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autum713
by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Good job!!! U set a great example for ur son :)

Quoting angelenia:

Less than 2 hours ago i rescued a huge box turtle being terrorized and kicked around in the street by 3 or 4 20something young men. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. What my 5 year old was seeing. I ran outside and told them to stop. But they didnt care. So i elbowed the guy out of the way who had his foot on the poor thing's back and picked it up, put it in the car and drove it to a nearby wood. I said a prayer over it and let it go. I am still really angry about such casually cruel mistreatment of an animal.. One guy actually seemed pissed that i was making them stop tormenting the turtle. I don't understand the mentality behind such behavior. Grrrr! Thanks for letting me vent a little. I feel better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelenia
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM
That is really cool to know. The one female witness told me where the turtle came from so that is where i took it. It is the only wooded area within miles but i had considered taking it out to the country. So glad i didn't!

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Quoting angelenia:

hey, I'm well known for pulling over and help a turtle get the rest of the way across neighborhood streets :) they are an important part of our ecosystem, too! My husband accidentally hurt one mowing and I took it as quick as I could to the wildlife center so they could fix him up. Had to go get him a week later and he wasn't perfect, but would be fine, but I had to take him home because (get this) a box turtle has only about one square mile of "territory" and will not eat if he's out of his element! ...the more you know ;-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lucky2haveLiam
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Wow what horrible people:( Good for you for doing the right thing! :)

momtolittleones
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM

AWESOME job saving that poor turtle. No living creature deserves to be tortured.

Jesus is my Saviour!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)