Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Less than 2 hours ago i rescued a huge box turtle being terrorized and kicked around in the street by 3 or 4 20something young men. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. What my 5 year old was seeing. I ran outside and told them to stop. But they didnt care. So i elbowed the guy out of the way who had his foot on the poor thing's back and picked it up, put it in the car and drove it to a nearby wood. I said a prayer over it and let it go. I am still really angry about such casually cruel mistreatment of an animal.. One guy actually seemed pissed that i was making them stop tormenting the turtle. I don't understand the mentality behind such behavior. Grrrr! Thanks for letting me vent a little. I feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Replies (41-47):
MrsImperfect
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM
That's horrible :'( we have turtles and I would hate to see that. That made me cry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelenia
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Oh mama! I am sorry this upset you. For what it is worth i stopped it almost as soon as it started, once i realized the one guy was not trying to shepard it out of the road to protect it but rather to 'play' with it instead. *hugs* it upset me too. I was crying when i made this post.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

That's horrible :'( we have turtles and I would hate to see that. That made me cry

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelenia
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM
It wasnt bravery. Just pure mother-rage. I didnt have time to think. I just time to 'do', kwim?

Quoting jella31:

I would've called the cops. You're braver than. If those guys were doing that to an animal I think they could do it to a person.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Its not your fault. It just broke my heart. You did a very very good thing!

Quoting angelenia:

Oh mama! I am sorry this upset you. For what it is worth i stopped it almost as soon as it started, once i realized the one guy was not trying to shepard it out of the road to protect it but rather to 'play' with it instead. *hugs* it upset me too. I was crying when i made this post.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on May. 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM

WHAT THE HELL??? They're freakin grown ass men!! Well, not with that behavior.

angelenia
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I know, right?! That is why it took me a minute to realize wtf was going on. You just don't expect adults to be so heinous, especially so openly, so publicly.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

WHAT THE HELL??? They're freakin grown ass men!! Well, not with that behavior.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelenia
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)