Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you have to remind your hubby to..

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 29 Replies

get you something for Mother's Day that is meant to come from him and the kids, is it really worth it and thoughtful at that point?

I have not said a word about anything. And my husband will not remember or even think of me tomorrow. I just get to the point where if i have to remind someone to buy me something then I would rather be without. I honestly just don't care anymore. I'm not mad at hubby, but i just simply don't care.

10 year old and 3 month old...it doesn't get any better than this!big smile mini

by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Some husbands just don't remember.  Being forgetful doesn't mean they care less.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Due9
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM

you see, i totally agree. And I am just at the point that i can understand it now.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Some husbands just don't remember.  Being forgetful doesn't mean they care less.

10 year old and 3 month old...it doesn't get any better than this!big smile mini

queenamy
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM

no, i dont expect him to get me anything.. im not his mama . sooo.. :/

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I would feel the same. But I also wouldn't put up with him being so thoughtless. My husband never forgets birthdays, anniversaries, mothers day, etc. He makes it a point to make me feel special. I think it's important for couples to do that for one another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJB163
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I dunno. I never remind him. We never make a huge ordeal of Mother's Day to begin with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I think people put too much weight on this day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Brittany on May. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM

My 6 yr old made me a card at school. Thats all I needed. :D

Sassy762
by Emerald Member on May. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't wait around for him to get you anything. YOU go and get what you want and have fun

Happy Mothers Day

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
3 moms liked this

That kind of stuff doesn't bother me. I am appreciated and treated well throughout the year, I don't need a designated day to confirm it.

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
I asked df what he wanted to take me to do for mothers day so I know if I need to wash my swim suit or what ever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)