Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you have to remind your hubby to..

Posted by   + Show Post

get you something for Mother's Day that is meant to come from him and the kids, is it really worth it and thoughtful at that point?

I have not said a word about anything. And my husband will not remember or even think of me tomorrow. I just get to the point where if i have to remind someone to buy me something then I would rather be without. I honestly just don't care anymore. I'm not mad at hubby, but i just simply don't care.

10 year old and 3 month old...it doesn't get any better than this!big smile mini

by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
tennisgal
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I will not remind him, but if he doesn't like let me sleep in or at least attempt breakfast I will be a little hurt, like really? 

Due9
by your-bff on May. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Perfect :)

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

My 6 yr old made me a card at school. Thats all I needed. :D

10 year old and 3 month old...it doesn't get any better than this!big smile mini

nikki32230
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM
He isn't getting me anything, that's okay, I'm getting me a new sun dress for mothers day :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Prissy_Gurl
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM

My husband always remembers birthdays, holidays, and our anniversary.

MommyBee12808
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I think there us just too much weight put on mother's day. I personally don't feel like I need a special day to be reminded that I'm a good mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I absolutely agree with this

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

I would feel the same. But I also wouldn't put up with him being so thoughtless. My husband never forgets birthdays, anniversaries, mothers day, etc. He makes it a point to make me feel special. I think it's important for couples to do that for one another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Everyday is mothers day here!

Quoting JulyBabies:

That kind of stuff doesn't bother me. I am appreciated and treated well throughout the year, I don't need a designated day to confirm it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM
I never have to remind dh. He's good about that sort of thing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexRi0709
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I expect him to get/do something only because our kids are 3 and 5. My 5 yr old did stuff at school for me. But my 3 yr old isn't in school or daycare. Its not right for me to help her make me a card either. So luckily dh bought me an edible arraignments from the kids! I was surprised. I only expected a card. Dd2 (3 yrs old) actually picked it out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3greatkids751
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM
My kiddos made me cards and homemade stuff at school. Were low on cash cause bills and things we need suck us dry plus I'd rather have that then some jewelry or other crap. Me just being with my kids and hubby are enough for me. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)