Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should Prostitution Be Legal?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think prostitution should be legal, why or why not?

Options:

Yes It Should Be Legal

No It Shouldn't Be Legal

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 168

View Results

So another post got me wondering who else thought Prostitution should be legal.

I feel it should be. 

Honestly our bodies belong to us, if we want to use it & get paid we should be allowed to.

It would be a lot safer if it was legalized.

They would be able to pay taxes, thus helping our debt.

And free up a lot of jail space!

by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
Arwyn724
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Yeah it should be legal.  Cause then I could have made a ton of money back in the day, and I wouldn't have to work so hard now, when I should be thinking of retiring, but can't afford it.

Pnukey
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

No I don't think so. It's degrading to women, it shows how much women do not value themselves. And if a man wants a whore, they can go to vegas.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO you're an idiot.... it's not even LEGAL in Las Vegas!

True, it is illegal in Las Vegas, however, just north of Vegas, there are some legal brothels in Nevada. 
http://www.lasvegaslogue.com/prostitution  

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Yep. Legalize it and move.on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on May. 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM
I think it should be legal...it's someone's choice to do it, so why not make it legal so that it frees up jail/court space, gets cops back to more pressing matters and can be taxed and regulated. It's a lot like weed to me...makes no sense that it's illegal when so much worse is legal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Sure.
-KC-
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM
YES
There will be prostitutes whether its legal or illegal. In some parts of Europe they have prostitution agencies, whore houses, and individual prostitutes. Its more cleaner & healthier for the prostitutes = health benefits. If a female wants to sell her own body for money, then she should be able to. *Its her body right?????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dollyrot
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Absolutely. For the reasons you said exactly. 

People are going to pay for sex regardless, so I can only see benefits by legalizing it.

CDMelty
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM

It should be legal to sell what is legal to give away.

Mamacruz13
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Huh? You were a prostitute "back in the day"?

Quoting Arwyn724:

Yeah it should be legal.  Cause then I could have made a ton of money back in the day, and I wouldn't have to work so hard now, when I should be thinking of retiring, but can't afford it.

vannahs
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Quoting kansasmom1978:

No I don't think so. It's degrading to women, it shows how much women do not value themselves. And if a man wants a whore, they can go to vegas.

The whores who market themselves right, make damn good money, while the women with too much pride to charge but not too much to sleep around get nothing but a reputation out of the deal.  Which group is degrading themselves more?  

Personally, I don't do either but if people are going to have mulitple sexual partners anyway, why not give them the option to legally choose to charge or not? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)