Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

for those who is a family of 4... *piog*

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM
  • 37 Replies
On average how much a month do you spend of groceries? Also how old are your kids that you are feeding and do you have a garden or no?

Wondering because we just got off of fs and I know we are not going to spend as much as we did when we did have them so I guess I'm looking at an "average"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babiegurl47
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM

We spend 250-350 every 2 weeks. Kids are 3 and 5. No garden.

autumearth
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

We are a family of 4 me, dh, ds7, and ds3 I spend anywhere from $90 to $137 every 2 wks....we have no garden and a lot of out meals are monotonous but it is what we can afford so we do it.

mewebb82
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Between $500-600/month and yes, we have a garden that provides about 1/2 of our produce. My kids are 11 and 5. 

Pnukey
by Jennifer on May. 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Family of 4, 100-150/week (except now we're really low on funds, so closer to 70-90/week but still hungry); no garden. Kids are 7 and 12.

lovemysnugbugs
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM
We spend about $150/week. We don't have a garden really, just some herbs that I use when needed. My kids are 3 and 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RyansMommie07
by Jessica Lynne on May. 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM

about 300/month. boys are 2 and 4, and im expecting. we do have a garden, just cherry tomatos, strawberries and a few herbs like spearmint and basil, cilantro... little stuff that the boys can grow. we shop sales, coupon and do bjs club and aldis to keep prices down. also, we eat with my mom and with the inlaws 1 day per week, so we only do dinners 5 days a week

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Ryan and Troy are going to be Big Brothers!  Baby Boy Myers ... coming this summer!!!

Neon1980
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

5-600/month, family of 4.  2 boys ages 6 & 8, DH and myself.  We do not have a garden right now but hoping to next year.  We just moved into our house and the yard needs a LOT of work before I can even think about a garden.

taramac
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Around $500 a month, no garden.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myerslisa2
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:41 PM
We aren't a family of four but a family of 7. One doesn't eat real food yet so let's go with 6.

Two adults and our kids are 9, 7, 4 and 2. We spend about $250-$300 every 2 weeks.

We have a garden but have not got any veggies yet. Hoping our food bill goes down once we get some veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilymarie07
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM
I was thinking of doing bjs. Yeah they can be "expensive" but you get bigger things.. also we eat with the in laws once or twice a week. I'm nervous but yet so happy that we are finally off of fs

Quoting RyansMommie07:

about 300/month. boys are 2 and 4, and im expecting. we do have a garden, just cherry tomatos, strawberries and a few herbs like spearmint and basil, cilantro... little stuff that the boys can grow. we shop sales, coupon and do bjs club and aldis to keep prices down. also, we eat with my mom and with the inlaws 1 day per week, so we only do dinners 5 days a week

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)