Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Idk how this works.. anyone know?

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
Dds biological dad is incarcerated. We have child support order in the state hes incarcerated in. But I was told from a few people that I should be able to coklect welfare(?) From the state im in and he'd have to pay it back when he was released?

Does that sound right? Idk. Ive never had to deal with this before. Hes already 8k in the red, would that matter?

Thanks ladies. I really have nooo idea :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ittybit2012
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Texas will make the non-custodial parent payback any welfare that the custodial parent receives while the non-custodial parent is in prison. Check with your state and find out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Not a clue! Gl

Lovebugbaby
by ♥ Coty ♥ on May. 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM
I figired id call monday, but I was hoping for some insight.

Quoting ittybit2012:

Texas will make the non-custodial parent payback any welfare that the custodial parent receives while the non-custodial parent is in prison. Check with your state and find out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovebugbaby
by ♥ Coty ♥ on May. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Thanks!

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Not a clue! Gl

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovebugbaby
by ♥ Coty ♥ on May. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Anyone else got any info?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM

My understanding is that he will need to payback the welfare, and this is where child support will go.  So while he's paying for the welfare, you will not get child support from him.

waffa
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Stick it to him any way you can for being in arrears, jail or not.

So sick of men who don't take care of their kids, my stbx pays monthly even WITHOUT a court order as we are still in negotiations of the divorce, but my neighbor next door, who is a dear friend, is self-employed so no paycheck to garnish AND he closed his bank accounts so she/they couldn't garnish that. Makes me sick, but his kid is 16 so not like it's life or death or homelessness for his kid, but still!

Lovebugbaby
by ♥ Coty ♥ on May. 13, 2012 at 6:21 AM
Im going to try! :)

Quoting waffa:

Stick it to him any way you can for being in arrears, jail or not.

So sick of men who don't take care of their kids, my stbx pays monthly even WITHOUT a court order as we are still in negotiations of the divorce, but my neighbor next door, who is a dear friend, is self-employed so no paycheck to garnish AND he closed his bank accounts so she/they couldn't garnish that. Makes me sick, but his kid is 16 so not like it's life or death or homelessness for his kid, but still!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN