Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

As much as I DON'T want to move to Hawaii, I absolutely can not wait to get out of this place!!!

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM
  • 30 Replies

My husband is in the Army and he's sitting on orders to Hawaii for 3 years.  We move in just over a month.  I DO NOT want to move there.  It's just too far away from our families and I know we'll only get to see them maybe once the entire time we're there, plane tickets are just too expensive.  

But, I absolutely CAN NOT wait to get the hell out of our current station.  It was fine up until about 3 weeks ago.  Since then, it has been nothing but drama from my neighbors and I can't understand why.  We were all friends and hung out together quite often, and for some reason they just all started judging me and acting like they know everything about my life when they really don't know all that much aside from what they've seen when we hung out....which isn't much. 

So even though I don't want to leave the 2 true friends I have here, I just absolutely can't wait to get away from these neighbors and away from all the drama they've decided to create.

by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyoftwo103
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

what? I would be soooo happy!!!!!!! ;) I love Hawaii. We were expats for 4 yrs (Denmark) and loved it. You'll be fine, 3 years go by fast!! have fun and enjoy Hawaii.. let the haters behind. lol

lovebugs0710
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Honestly I had no interest in going there for vacation even.  I know it's an opportunity of a lifetime and I'm sure we'll have a blast once we get there.  It's just not seeing our families that's dragging me down about it.

Quoting mommyoftwo103:

what? I would be soooo happy!!!!!!! ;) I love Hawaii. We were expats for 4 yrs (Denmark) and loved it. You'll be fine, 3 years go by fast!! have fun and enjoy Hawaii.. let the haters behind. lol

phantomphan
by PrincessBcake on May. 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I can think of much worse places to go than Hawaii.

And there's always skype.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. :/ I think I would live in a card board box if it was in Hawaii. lol

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Where are yall now? Id love to see hawaii idk about orders though. We just got orders back to fl & move in a month also
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tesserae
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I wouldn't want to leave my family either but man, what an opportunity! Enjoy it!!! I couldn't believe when my little sister didn't want to go to Japan. They ended up staying here in Cali but I thought it was so dumb to not want to see other places.

lovebugs0710
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM

We're in TX.  

Quoting marinesweetie:

Where are yall now? Id love to see hawaii idk about orders though. We just got orders back to fl & move in a month also

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM
O yea i love tx its my home

Quoting lovebugs0710:

We're in TX.  

Quoting marinesweetie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs0710
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM

We already live 1200 miles from our families...That's hard enough, we only see them once a year so it's not going to be that much of a difference.

Quoting Tesserae:

I wouldn't want to leave my family either but man, what an opportunity! Enjoy it!!! I couldn't believe when my little sister didn't want to go to Japan. They ended up staying here in Cali but I thought it was so dumb to not want to see other places.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I hear you. We've been at our current station (JBLM) for 6 years. I'm ready to go!

There is a possibility of us getting Hawaii. We were okay with it, but then we found out our cat (a Savannah, which Hawaii sees as an "exotic hybrid") is illegal there. So I'm REALLY hoping we dont get orders there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)