Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

As much as I DON'T want to move to Hawaii, I absolutely can not wait to get out of this place!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband is in the Army and he's sitting on orders to Hawaii for 3 years.  We move in just over a month.  I DO NOT want to move there.  It's just too far away from our families and I know we'll only get to see them maybe once the entire time we're there, plane tickets are just too expensive.  

But, I absolutely CAN NOT wait to get the hell out of our current station.  It was fine up until about 3 weeks ago.  Since then, it has been nothing but drama from my neighbors and I can't understand why.  We were all friends and hung out together quite often, and for some reason they just all started judging me and acting like they know everything about my life when they really don't know all that much aside from what they've seen when we hung out....which isn't much. 

So even though I don't want to leave the 2 true friends I have here, I just absolutely can't wait to get away from these neighbors and away from all the drama they've decided to create.

by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Look at it as a learning experience for your family!!! How amazing!! Good luck!! 

lovebugs0710
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

That sucks :(

My parents are taking care of our Boxer for us for a little while til we can save enough money to get him to the island.  He's got all his necessary shots and everything, it's just getting the money.  We're hoping by October we should be able to get him flown over to us.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I hear you. We've been at our current station (JBLM) for 6 years. I'm ready to go!

There is a possibility of us getting Hawaii. We were okay with it, but then we found out our cat (a Savannah, which Hawaii sees as an "exotic hybrid") is illegal there. So I'm REALLY hoping we dont get orders there!

BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Aww my buddy cliff is stationes there for a year. He's like my lil brother. I miss him so much. He's only 19. I think next year he might get sent to Africa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Hun, hop flights! space-A! You can hop to cali (maybe to Travis Afb?) and buy your way home from there. Where there's a will there's a way!
JennyCaps
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I loved living in Hawaii!! Try to go with an open mind. If you go there thinking you will hate it you will and you'll get island fever quick!! We are hoping for orders back there in the future!

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Aw, will the military not pay for him to come over? :( This is our first duty station, so I don't know how the whole PCSing with a pet thing goes.

Quoting lovebugs0710:

My parents are taking care of our Boxer for us for a little while til we can save enough money to get him to the island.  He's got all his necessary shots and everything, it's just getting the money.  We're hoping by October we should be able to get him flown over to us.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I hear you. We've been at our current station (JBLM) for 6 years. I'm ready to go!

There is a possibility of us getting Hawaii. We were okay with it, but then we found out our cat (a Savannah, which Hawaii sees as an "exotic hybrid") is illegal there. So I'm REALLY hoping we dont get orders there!

lovebugs0710
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Nope, they don't pay for pets.  Everything I've read and everyone I've talked to have said it's all out of pocket.  And since Hawaii is rabies-free, all animals coming onto the island have to be quarantined for upto 120 days..and you have to pay for that as well which is also very expensive.  So the airfare + quarantine for our 60lb Boxer, we just don't have right now.  It sucks.  We took him to MN to my parents' in March and I'm missing him so bad.  My 4yr old came to me crying this afternoon because he misses his doggy.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Aw, will the military not pay for him to come over? :( This is our first duty station, so I don't know how the whole PCSing with a pet thing goes.

Quoting lovebugs0710:

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

VforVantrice
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I feel like we'll probably get Hawaii eventually, simply b/c of the hospital there.. (dd is on EFMP).  I have mixed feelings about going there... but if we were to get orders, I would just try my best to go into it w/ an open mind.  The weather has GOT to be better than here in TX.  lol   

spitfire06
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM
They sound like the jealous asshats I have to deal with here in pa. They are always trying to start drama cuz I am in love with this boy who has a good ammount of money fuck..they called his fucking ex gf had her come down to the house today ughh I wish half of them would fall off the planet and just be gone...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shannonw79
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Wtf?!?

Quoting spitfire06:

They sound like the jealous asshats I have to deal with here in pa. They are always trying to start drama cuz I am in love with this boy who has a good ammount of money fuck..they called his fucking ex gf had her come down to the house today ughh I wish half of them would fall off the planet and just be gone...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)