Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Our Featured Mom of the Day Could Be YOU!

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM
  • 81 Replies
3 moms liked this

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

In honor of the holiday, I'd like to invite you all to tell us a bit about yourself by filling out our "Mom of the Day" questionnaire. It's a fun way to get to know each other - and you might even be selected to be a featured "Mom of the Day" on the site and in our newsletter.

I hope you all enjoy this day with your families!

----

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? 

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? 

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

5. What are your favorites:
Book
:
Movie
:
Song
:
Food:
Place to travel to
:

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? 

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? 

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?

by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemom1208
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on May. 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?  There have been so many, but I'd have to say, going back to school, and showing my kids it's never too late to advance your education.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? I love the "G Rated moms in an R rated world." One of my favorites. And, I also really enjoy the Pop Culture Junkies.

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? Getting to meet moms from everywhere. Making new friends, and being able to both give and receive support and encouragement.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) I love to read, and I write children's books. I have a couple I'm working on, and would love to see about getting published at some point. 

Book:  I'd have to say, first, The Bible. After that, I really enjoyed the Left Behind series, and am re-reading it. And, surprisingly, I love "The Stand", by Stephen King, and want to re-read it, also.

Movie :  The Notebook, Steel Magnolias, Fried Green Tomatoes, anything that makes me cry. I'm a big ole softie.

Song :   My song with my DH is "Your'e Still the One", by Shania Twain, so I'm going with it.

Food :  I grew up in New Mexico, so any kind of Mexican food. And, seafood, especially shrimp!

Place to travel to :  I've not travelled much, but I would love to go to Australia, and to Egypt, to see the pyramids. And, to Paris, I'd love to see the Louvre, and the Eiffel Tower.

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? I think Michelle Duggar. I greatly admire the family's deep faith in God, and how they aren't afriad to share that faith on tv. Michelle just seems like a really sweet person, and I admire her strength, and love for her family.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? Relax, enjoy them being little. The time flies so quickly. Cherish the small things.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? Compassionate. I care greatly for others, and feel their pain and grief.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?   I've always wanted to be an author, and have my books published. I am about to finish up school online, I graduate June 3rd, with a degree in medical coding and billing. I'm currently looking for work in that field, and am very excited to start my new career.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?  Once again, I'd have to say Michelle Duggar. I'm an only child, and my kids are all grown, I'd like to see what it's like to have all that controlled chaos for one day. But, then, I'd probably be really glad to get back to my quiet little life!

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?  What do you feel is the most important value we as moms can instill in our kids, to help make the world a better place?

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Realizing just how fast time goes by...and learning to every now and then slow down and enjoy every second
Cafemom newcomers group
I like being able to relate and share stories so even when you're having a bad day you know ur not alone and other moms.have been there
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours?(Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
The beach, shooting range, race track
5. What are your favorites: Book: so many I love to readMovie : the crow Song : mine and hubbys song :) Food : sea food especially king crab! Place to travel to :
East coast beaches :)
Sarah palin ...I admire her as a mom and her beliefs and just think she is amazing
slow down and take it one day at a time. Live and patients will take you far
adventurous
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
A US marine k9 handler...I'm a sahm
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? The president....

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be
Why be so judgemental? People don't have to agree with you and don't have to be like you. We are all moms!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaidansmylife
by Stacie on May. 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Bump To do on the computer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinstartermom
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?  One heck of a roller coaster ride, but the best one I've ever been on.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?  There really isn't one group that I hang out it. Just depends on what information I need.

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? People.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) Working on my relationships or trying to get my life back on track.

Book: Bible
Movie
: Charlette's Web
Song
: Faith of the Heart By Russel (can't remember last name)
Food
: Sushi & cookie dough. I'm liable to bite.
Place to travel to
: Chicago. (It's been a LONG time since I went there.)

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Don't follow the celebs because I think of 'em as average people with a job that is blown out of proportion. There isn't one of 'em that I would want to hang out with.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? Do whatever it takes to spend time with your kids. They will replace us.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? I didn't have a dream job as a child. Currently I'm a business owner, whom has been neglecting her business.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? I'd trade places with a billionaire and take the day off.

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?

What's your schedule and how do you make it work?

VintageWife
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Bump for computer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JACAR2010
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM

My defining moment as a Mom has to be seeing my preemie son and feeling the panic inside because I just knew something that small and frail was not going to survive. But instead of shutting down, I spent every single day he was in the NICU at his bedside 12 hours each day (except for one). I resolved that if he did not make it that he would know how very much his Mom loved him for whatever amount of time he was going to be here. 

I used to hang out in Single Moms alot. 

I like that it's a place for women. There's lots to read do and see on the site. It's a great mental reprieve.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

When I get off work early or have a vacation or furlough day I might go see a movie and if there aren't new movies out I go pick my son up from school early and take a walk with him around the neighborhood. 

Book: Pillars of the Earth
Movie : Love & Basketball
Song : Whitney Houston singing anything
Food : Tamales
Place to travel to : I would love a quiet cabin in the woods. 

Holly Robinson Peete-she has her priorities together...Her kids come first.

Find the joy in the tough moments..they're making you a better person and a better Mom.

Resilient

I wanted to be a Judge and I a a special education teacher.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? 

I would want to be beautiful and have a svelte figure for one day just to see how the world is on that side...so I'd like to be Sanaa Latham for a day.

If you are an only child, growing up did you want a sibling?

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? It would have to be seeking therapy when my son was young in order to become a better person. That, in part, made me a much better mother.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? Newcomers and Mom Confessions. Both seem to have a great dose of advice and occasional drama
3. What do you like most about CafeMom? I like the advice and also giving advice to lost moms
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? Taking photos, going to the beach, and hiking
Book: In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Movie: The Big Lebowski, The Avengers, and many more
Song: A Boy Names Sue by Johnny Cash and Across The Universe by The Beatles
Food: I pretty much love all food as long as it's vegetarian
Place to travel to: Maui. It's the most relaxing place in the world
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Angelina Jolie. She seems like she's a great mother. I'm sure she would have good advice
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? You'll never be the perfect mom, so stop trying. Enjoy the moment and stop tryin so hard
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? Strong
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? I knew at a very young age that I wanted to move to California and I was willing to do most anything to achieve that goal. Eventually I did and now I am now a financial/insurance coordinator at a dental office. I've been in the field for 8 years.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? Wow. That's tough. I really love my life and I would want to trade with someone who is equally happy as me. I guess I'd choose Michele Obama.
11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? What steps have you taken to become a better mother?
JACAR2010
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM

In response to your number 11 ...I think children need to be taught discipline -self control.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

In honor of the holiday, I'd like to invite you all to tell us a bit about yourself by filling out our "Mom of the Day" questionnaire. It's a fun way to get to know each other - and you might even be selected to be a featued "Mom of the Day" on the site and in our newsletter.

I hope you all enjoy this day with your families!

----

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? When my 21 year old told me that it really does not matter what other people think of me as a mother.What they(my 2 boys) think will be the deciding factor.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? Newcomer's

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? comradere

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) pseudo granddaughter,games,reading

Book:earth children series

Movie :muriel's wedding
Song
:don't laugh at me-mark wills
Food
:japanese cuisine
Place to travel to
:new orleans

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Roseanne barr.She brings realism to life.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? No child left behind and I am not talking about education.Have your favorites if you want but make sure noone knows,

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? enigma

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? lawyer.I have a degree in education but I don't want to teach.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? my mother in law.I would love to be known as the great woman and mother that she is.

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?Do you follow a script for your life or does your life follow a script that you wrote for it?

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN