Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Our Featured Mom of the Day Could Be YOU!

Posted by   + Show Post

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

In honor of the holiday, I'd like to invite you all to tell us a bit about yourself by filling out our "Mom of the Day" questionnaire. It's a fun way to get to know each other - and you might even be selected to be a featured "Mom of the Day" on the site and in our newsletter.

I hope you all enjoy this day with your families!

----

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? 

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? 

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

5. What are your favorites:
Book
:
Movie
:
Song
:
Food:
Place to travel to
:

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? 

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? 

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?

by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
marie802
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? I only have one son so far, he is three and a half months old, but my most defining moment as a mom so far would definitely have to be the first time I held him in my arms! There is no better feeling in the world, and no other way you can feel greater than for when you hold your baby in your arms for the first time, especially as a new mother!

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? hands down, the January 2012 due date group. The ladies in the group are incredible. I feel so close to them, even though it's online! I can get any advice and talk to them about anything at all, and not feel judged. I love that group.

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? I like how there's so many moms on here and I've talked to a lot of great people on here! During my pregnancy (with my first) I had so many concerns and questions, and I didn't really have a lot of people in real life who could help me, but I got a lot of reassurance and support, and even now that my sons born, I still have questions, and I definitely feel like I get great support and any advice I may need, still!

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) I spend my time relaxing as much as possible in my spare time (after my sons asleep!) just laying down or listening to music, or working out. Also, some times during my sons naps, my mom will watch him and I get sneak out and go riding for a bit.

Book: Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt. I know this is a child's book, but it has always been a favorite of mine.

Movie: Dear John. I love romance movies, and I thought this movie was great.

Song: I have way too many favorites, but one of my top favorites would have to be 'God gave me you' by Blake Shelton. It makes me think of my son a lot and I listened to it during pregnancy all the time.

Food:  Chinese

Place to travel to: the Ocean. It's so peaceful there, I love it. Or any where on horseback, on a trail ride. Riding is so relaxing.

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Tori Spelling! I use to watch her show all the time when she was expecting with her son. Now she has 3 kids and I really think shes a great mom.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? Enjoy time to yourself and sleep while you can!

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? caring.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? I wanted to be many different things growing up. I eventually want to become an Equine Therapist. I would love to be an OB, though, or just simply work at a daycare. I'm a stay at home mom right now.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? Probably Tori Spelling, because shes a great mom and seems to have a wonderful life with her husband. Plus, I'd love to see what it'd be like with two more kids, because I plan on having two more in the future.

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? what do you think of now-a-days with children and all the electronics? do you feel kids should be outside getting exercise more, instead of playing video games or listening to their ipods while on the Internet? 

LadySaphira
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? The birth of each of my children.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?  Moms with Adult Kids

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?  The groups. I really miss the journals the way they used to be, I met a lot of my CM friends through journals and learned about some great groups through them.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)  Reading, reading, reading. I am also currently getting ready to participate in our local area Relay For Life. My family and I do RFL every year to raise money for the American Cancer Society.

Book: Anything by James Patterson. I also like bboks written by Lisa Gardner, Lisa Jackson, and Dean Koontz and many others
Movie
: Gran Torino
Song
: Don't have a favorite song..I love most types of music ranging from classical to heavy metal
Food
: BBQ pulled pork sandwiches or pot roast
Place to travel to
: I would love to go to Gettysburg, Williamsburg, and Michigan to meet my friend Robin whom I met here on CM

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?  I am not really into the whole celebrety thing so I really don't know.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?  Don't sweat the small stuff or the big stuff will overwhelm you.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?  my husband says Awsome LOL

I have no clue myself, I am just me.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? An interior decorator, I work as a housekeeper currently..it's kind of close? LOL

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?  That would be hard to choose...I am pretty happy with my life the way it is.

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment as a mother  thus far?

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM

----

The birth of my children. All of them. Each one was different and amazing.

Newcomers, Confessions, and Pregnancy 

I like the friendship, learning new things, and the debates.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

I enjoy hanging out with my hubby and kids (all 7 of them), and reading.

Book: Pellinor Series
Movie : Blades Of Glory
Song : The Calling
Food : Rib Eye Steak, Med Rare
Place to travel to : I want to go to Ireland and Germany. My fav place I've been to would be California.

Ricki Lake. I love The Business Of Being Born. I have had 4 home births, and would love to talk to her.

Enjoy every second with youy baby. Soon they are grown and gone.

Crazy

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 

I wanted to be a Vet. I became a mom. Pretty close! LOL

I think I'd trade with my 8 yr old daughter. I'd like a day of crazy energy. LOL

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?

What do you love most about being a mother?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
s.t.e.p.h
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:47 AM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? Realizing that I don't have all of the answers for my children and that it's okay to ask for help. It's okay to cry that I don't have the answers that I want/need

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? Newcomers

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? The friendships,the support and encouragement,the good laughs!

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) What is this spare time you speak of?

Book: The Hunger Games
Movie
 : The Notebook
Song
 : This could take awhile :)
Food
 : Love mexican food!
Place to travel to
 : anywhere warm!

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Angelina...how does she keep it together with 6 kids!? She makes it look SO easy!

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your time because it will be gone in the blink of an eye!

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? amazing..no really!

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? I wanted to be a nurse. I'm now a sahm. It works out.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? My kids...I wanna see life through their eyes again..now that I'm an adult.

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? What do you do to be the best momma that you can be!?

lapcounter
by Super Mom on May. 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmh4girls
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Being there for my girls every day and watching them grow and blossom into beautiful, mature young ladies. I couldn't be prouder of the spark I see in all of them that will just continue to glow.

I most frequently hang out in the 20 something moms group because it is the most general group with no specific kids' ages, so I can post about any one of my kids there. Also, there are always a significant number of people in that group, which means more answers to my questions in a shorter amount of time, which is quite convenient.

I love the way it allows me to grab some "me" time and just talk to other moms because a lot of us have the same problems, so we can help each other out. We all pull together when someone needs prayers and thoughts for a rough time, we all enjoy bragging about our kids, we all share many things, but most importantly we all have in common how much we love our children.

I spend all of my free time with my girls. Being a mom to 6 girls with a wide range of ages is no easy task. I have to individualize my time with all of them equally. I love just hanging out with them and having quality bonding time with them. Nothing is stronger than the loving bond between a mother and a daughter. I am determined to make that bond tight and strong so that it will never snap in two. 

Book: The Hunger Games
Movie: Titanic
Song: Somebody that I used to know by Gotye
Food: Fettucine with shrimp
Place to travel to: Paris

I would most like to hang out with Angelina Jolie because I admire her for adopting 3 kids. It is difficult to adopt because you are trying to raise kids that have for the most part, been through so much. Also, we both have 6 kids and I would love to compare mothering techniques with her.

To always keep your head held high and not let yourself get put down by others. People will make rude or snarky comments and as a mother, you have to learn how to have thick skin and not let it get to you. There's always going to be someone that judges you or disagrees with you and you have to be strong to fend them off.

Energetic. I am very bubbly and talk very fast and for long periods of time. I am always on my feet, running from one place to another, and even in my free time, I am always energetic. I put energy into whatever I'm doing and it makes it seem easier and can lighten up even the most boring household chores!

As a child, I always wanted to be a mother. I loved taking care of my younger sister and I loved babysitting other people's kids too. I enjoyed being with children, especially those of a younger age group. Of course, there were other careers I thought of along the way, but being a mom was always my main fantasy. And now it's not a fantasy anymore because I'm living my dream.

I would trade places with my oldest sister. She has always been such an important figure in my life and I have always admired her and looked up to her. She is very determined and strong-willed and can get through just about anything. She inspires me in everything she does and she is someone I can go to for anything.

I would love for all CafeMoms to answer the following question: what is motherhood to you? Motherhood is such a precious gift that so many of us take for granted. When we yell at our children "hang on, I'm on the phone!" we are in fact, a little bit at a time, diminishing the dear gift that has been given to us. We need to enjoy every moment to its fullest and live every day like it's our last because not one of us is promised tomorrow.

emeraldangel20
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM

1) so far it's watching my daughter thrive. yes i get frustrated at times but it's all worth it.

2) Aug 2011 Babies and Mom Confessions

3) I like how I've met a lot of great ladies here.

4) I spend my spare time writing and listening to music.

5) My favorite book: Gone with the Wind (it's my favorite movie too).

My favorite song is You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson

Food: fried chicken.

place to travel to: Tulsa. I fell in love with that place on my visit there.

6) I would like to hang with Katherine Jackson, to find out how she handled raising such a large and talented family.

7) As Dr. Spock said, Relax. You know more than you think you do.

8) witty

9) I wanted to be a teacher, and in august I will start school in order to fufill that dream.

10) I would trade places with a child. I'd love to be a kid again.

11) What has being a mother taught you?

ilovemykids732
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I havent really had one... eh? Just watching my kids grow, and teaching them right from wrong I guess...

The Cafemom Newcomers Club

Getting to talk to other moms about EVERYTHING... and getting other mothers opinions

napping

5. What are your favorites: Book:Movie :Song :Food :Place to travel to :

Book: A child called it, Song: Dont really have one... Food: Chicken teriyaki over white rice. Place to travel to: the park with my kids

Hmmm... Octo mom... so I could kick her ass

Don't stay in an abusive relationship, especially not for the kids...

Colorful? I tend to be 30 places in my head at once... :-D

HAHAHAHA... I wanted to be either [ready for this one?] A stripper or pediatrician... right now: I work as 3rd shift maintenance at a department store...

my DH... lmao... I want HIM to see how much these kids can get into... hehe... I want to sit on the computer all day playing games and doing things I love...

Why cant we all just get along?

Mommy2justone
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?  Being able to teach others about how to keep their child safe in the car. If I were not a mother, I would not be doing this! My daughter is my constant inspiration to keep going, even when I am brought down by others. She is my life :) 

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?  Advice for Moms

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? That you can find someone who has so much in common with you, but is clear across the country, or in another country! 

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)   I am getting ready to start homeschooling my daughter, so that will be my time sucker for the most part. But I love to read, LOVE isn't the right word, I live to read, LOL! I constantly have a book or two going. I also love to knit and crochet, but I am not that great. I love playing with my daughter, she has the biggest imagination! I also love being with other moms, so playdates are a must in our life. 

5. What are your favorites: Book:Movie :Song :Food :Place to travel to : My favorite book would have to be Hideaway by Dean Koonts. But I love to read anything. I would read the manual to a toilet if I had nothing else.  My favorite movie is What dreams May come, with RObin WIlliams. My favorite song is Yellow by cold play (danced to it at my wedding!), and I love camping, so anywhere where I can camp is where I want to go!! 

None. I wouldn't want the life that comes along with being a celebrity. But I think that if I had to be a celebrity I would be Tori Spelling, she is such a great mom :) 

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? Learn as much as you can on your own before the baby comes, that way when someone gives you advice, you can say "oh thanks, I already knew that!" 

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?  Gowiththeflow....oh wait...one word...hmmmm ....Calm.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?  A mom. 

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?  My husband, because he wants to be able to stay home with Hannah, but I don't know anything about computer programming, LOL!! 

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? Why is it so easy to be hostile toward someone online, but most of you are so sweet and kind in person? LOL!!!  

MamaBear2cubs
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? -When my kids father left for almost 2 months. I had been dependant on him for everything and when he left I thought I would crumble..I didn't.I did what was needed and we all were fine. He did come back but I know if it ever happens again I can and will do whatever it takes for my kids.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? -The Family Piggy Bank,Mom Confessions,Newcomers

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? I like being able to connect with so many differant women from all walks of life. I'm pretty shy in real life so it is hard for me to just go up and meet people. This site allows me to relax and meet new people without having a panic attack lol.

I like to relax in a nice bath and watch a little TV from time to time. Usually Big Bang Theory or Grey's Anatomy.

5. What are your favorites: Book:Movie :Song :Food :Place to travel to :

Book-Pet Cematary
Movie-The Green Mile
Song-Listen by Beyonce
Food Sushi
Place to Travel-Have never really traveled

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Jennifer Garner,she just seems like a Mom who loves being a Mom and I like that.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? - Enjoy them while they are little they grow up too fast.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? -Understanding

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? -I wanted to be a veternarian. I am a SAHM and love it.

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?- What makes you a great Mom?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN