Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Our Featured Mom of the Day Could Be YOU!

Posted by   + Show Post

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

In honor of the holiday, I'd like to invite you all to tell us a bit about yourself by filling out our "Mom of the Day" questionnaire. It's a fun way to get to know each other - and you might even be selected to be a featured "Mom of the Day" on the site and in our newsletter.

I hope you all enjoy this day with your families!

----

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? 

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? 

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

5. What are your favorites:
Book
:
Movie
:
Song
:
Food:
Place to travel to
:

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? 

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? 

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?

by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Replies (41-50):
la_bella_vita
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 3:44 PM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? My husband's work invited us on a business trip. I took all four kids with me. We stayed in a hotel and my kids were well behaved and listened to me as I took them out and about in a "new" town. I realized wow, I was truly born to be a mom. We had a blast. I realized I could do anything.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? The Clamhouse, Babies, Cleaning & organizing and mom confessions

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? I love all the friends I have made her. The advice I have recieved. And there is always some interesting post to read! I have learned a lot actually and expanded my horizons by seeking out my own research based on things I have read.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) Besides cafemom reading, hiking, baking, cooking, decorating and catching up on my DVR!!!

5. What are your favorites: Book:Movie :Song :Food :Place to travel to : Book-Series-Harry Potter & Hunger Games; The Other Boleyn Girl & Jane Eyre (I can't pick just one!!) Movie-The Notebook (seriously!) Song- Born to die Lana Del Rey but my favorite song's change almost weekly! Place to travel to: I loved St. Lucia but I don't have a favorite, I have a long list of places I want to see

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Jennifer Garner just because I love her.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? Cherish each and every moment. When you are feeling stressed, remember to find the humor in a bad situation! It works!

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? Creative

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? I wanted to be a movie star! I'm a SAHM

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? Kate Middleton, I would want to know what it was like to be a princess AND to have the spotlight on you that strong

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

KymberleeAnn
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Is having a 2 and 5 year old, keeping their hair cut, clothes clean, healthy meals on the table, homeschooling and breast feeding a 29 month old writing, several books; publishing two so far is a accomplishment and something special for my children.  I want to show them that you can do anything that you put your mind to, and even when you multi task you should always stop for a moment and just enjoy the sounds of nature. 

I frequently hang out in the African American Mom's Group, and many other groups as well. 

I like the fact that I'm free to be myself, my random thoughts pour out of me sometimes, and I can just type away.  I can laugh, cry, share my inner most fears and get immediate feed back.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!).  How do you spend yours?  (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

I spend my spare time crocheting, knitting, writing, reading; I love photography, walking along the seashore.

Being a published author I like to listen to people talk.  I draw inspiration from nature, and watching my children play.

.  What are your favorites: Book

Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe

Poems Of Emily Dickinson

The Bible

Movie

I love Forrest Gump, Tom Hanks was phenomenal in that movie, I love the turmoil of the sixties and it was really great they way the director intertwined factual events with fictional tales.

Song 

My favorite song is Pretty Flower by Howard Melvin and the Blue notes, Can you feel the love tonight by Elton John, and Clarity by John Mayer

Food

My favorite food goes in I guess groups

1. I love soul food

2. I love the I guess you will call it the traditional Thanksgiving meal

3. I love Chinese food

4. I love Italian food

5. Last best not least I love the down home country cooking Example: the buttermilk fried chicken, with mashed potatoes, and buttery corn with homemade buttermilk biscuits.

Place to travel to:

I love to travel in the states.  My last trip was to Boston, Mass It was really nice, we are planning a trip to California, and St. Louis MO because I want to go to the Sweetie Pie's Mangrove Soul Food Restaurant

We are also planning a trip to Africa and Ephesus in 2013-I want to Ephesus to see the ancient ruins of they city that once was there.

I think there's realness about Heidi Klum, she seems like she would be a blast to hang out with.

Never let anyone bully you into conforming to accepting things that you know are not best for you and your family, well meaning people will give advise about many things, simply thank them, but steer your own boat so to speak, make decisions that's right for you and your family.  Because you want to not because some one is trying to pressure you to.

Charismatic - Children love my presence and I'm not doing too badly in attracting men, lol...  They think am lovely I have to tell them sorry I'm married.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?  In addition, if you work, what's your job? 

As a child I was an avid reader, and I loved escaping into my own world writing in my dairy and journals.  I wanted to be a writer when I was young, then as a teenager I want to design clothes.  So as an adult I sort of do both, I am a writer and I design crochet and knit wear and give them away to my friends as gifts.

I Would like to Be The Mayor of New York City Because Gracie Mansion is so beautiful I would love to be able to walk all around in there all day and night.  With one expectation:  That is if I can have my children with me...

11. If there were one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?

My question to Cafemoms would be, did you think that at your age, you would be where you are in your life, and are you happy with the way your life turned out?

reindeergames
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM

1) I'd have to say that after having my daughter at 21 years old & not having a single clue as to what to do my defining moment was when she was 8 days old & we were on our way to the ER from there she was admitted for 14 days. I stayed in her isolated room in the children's wing every single day, Ieft the room twice once to go to the cafe another time to go to a store to buy some post birth clothing (since I haden't had the chance yet) other then that it was me & her in that tiny room with doctors in & out. 

2) I like the Mom Confessions & Single Moms groups. 

3) I like that Cafemom has just moms so everyone here can relate to any issue I am going through. If there is something going on with myself or my child there is a group or person/people who understand. Plus in general the women are a caring bunch here doing random acts of kindness, its great to see. 

4) I love to read books & catch up on shows I enjoy. 

5) Books but I love to travel too just don't have the funds to do so as I'd like =) 

6) Interesting question but I have always been a fan of Jessica Alba & Kate Hudson both of which are moms so I'd love to hang with them. 

7) Doctos, yes they are wise, they are needed BUT you are your kids mother in the end ask questions, see other doctors if you are not fully convinced everything is being done or something else is wrong, speak up don't be afraid to do so it's your child. 

8) Adventerous 

9) I wanted to be a vet for a long time then that changed to falling in love with music & wanting to be in that relm by the end of high school I had really wanted to be in politics. Now though as an adult I am still trying to get my footing & work at a call center however, the client I work for is exclusive & interesting, lots to be learned from it. 

10) Another interesting question maybe Cameron Diaz because she seems like a lot of fun! 

11) What is your fondest moment as a mother? 

Sekirei
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:14 PM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? Getting my son the help he nees

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?  That is between my Nerd Group and PW

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?  Interaction with other people, without having to be in a room with them

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)  Reading, writing

5. What are your favorites: Book: Dracula Movie :Hmmm that is a hard one..I would have to say Monty Python and the Holy Grail  Song :  Hmm, another hard one.. Sekirei by Gackt  Food :Japanese  Place to travel to : Ireland or Japan

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? none 

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? Follow your instinct.. and don't be afraid to ask for advice

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? scared

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?  Either a translator or a horse trainer..

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?  no one

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? why worry about what other people do, if it doesn't affect you?

ErikaRobin
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?   Besides actually giving birth, I can't say I've had a defining moment as a mom.  I mean, my skills are many and profound.  Picking one moment is like picking one grain of sand.  ;) 

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?  Newcomer's Club is my hangout.  I can laugh till my sides ache in that group.  My people live there.

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?  The camaraderie and the cat-fights rank right up there next to each other.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)   I write a LOT on my blog.  I tend to fill time with television and crafts as well.  I'm kind of a homebody, so my joys come from walks in the neighborhood and making things, whether they're crafts, meals, sometimes messes...  *grin*

5. What are your favorites: Book:Movie :Song :Food :Place to travel to : Book: Watership Down.  It's beautiful.  If you haven't ever read it you should.  (I also love The Stand and anything else Mr. King has written.)

Song:  Right now my favorite seems to be Settle Down by Kimbra.  *shrug*  That will probably change tomorrow.

Food:  I have to choose one?  Well, pizza, I guess.  No, wait.  Chocolate.  Hold on, wait a second, Chinese food is pretty awesome, come to think of it...But so is Mexican food...mmm, tacos....But I also love bacon....GAH!  Next question!

Place to travel to:  The ocean!  I've only ever been to the Atlantic, and it was the best vacation we've taken yet.  Now I have to go see the Pacific.  Have to.

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Hm...Does Michele Zipp Gutknecht from the Stir count?  I loves me some Michele.  We'd terrorize Central Park with our shenanigans and raucous laughter.  Laws, yes.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?  Making your own cheese is super easy if you have a sippy cup of milk and about 72 hours of neglect.  More of a warning than advice, but it's kind of neat.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?  Indefinable.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A Writer and a mother.  And if you work, what's your job?  I'm a writer and a mother.  I guess I can die happy having fulfilled those two goals.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?  Someone with enough money to try to buy happiness.  I'd like to see if what they say is true. 

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?  If a train leaves California carrying 402 breastfeeding mothers and 806 simultaneously hungry babies, how many babies will have to wait for a free breast?   :)

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

mylilprincesses
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:47 PM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? just being able to watch my girls grow day by day. :)

Nov 2009 Babies, May 2008 Babies, Nov 2012 Due date group, and the Pregnancy group. i also spend the most time working on my local moms group Mothers of Memphis updating whats going on in the area.

i like is smaller private groups.. cause they tend to be more supportive to each other.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)

i do Free Lance Photography its my passion and its also the only "Mommie Time" i get. lol

Book
: ehh... not really a book reader
Movie
: The Notebook.
Song
: any christian song
Food
: Mexican food! but currently the baby doesn't like it lol
Place to travel to
: Galtinburg, tn love the mountians!

dunno.. really... thats a hard one..

Cherish each moment during their baby stage cause they grow up so fast!

loving..

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

i wanted to be a mom most of all... when i was 16.. i planned my life out.. i was to get married and have kids then have babies. at 16 i started to collect baby clothes for when i met the love of my life to start a family.

well it didn't work out that way.. i had and lost my son before i got married but got married and had my oldest daughter after i got married. so... i have one angel and two miracles. :)

other than being a mom i wanted to be a Nurse or a teacher. i tryed being a nurse and didn't like it. so i currently a teacher cause i teach my girls things. so i guess i got to do both. :)

i wouldn't cause being a mom to my girls is the best thing ever. they are beautiful and intellengent girls and blessed to be their mom.

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?

do you have a favorite moment on cafemom?

MBorati-Collins
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM
The first time I had to take Allie to the ER. My husband was overseas and Allie started having skin eruptions. She was so scared and fragile, and I just wanted to cry. But I couldn't. I had to be strong for her.

I wouldn't know. Here, or the Cafe, maybe the Park Bench.

I love that everyone here is honest. I'm not looking for a group who sugar coats it, and women here are nice and honest at the same time.

I love traveling. But if the question is about the spare hours in my day, I'd say reading.

Book: David Copperfield
Movie: Breakfast at Tiffany's
Song: Seasons in The Sun by The Beach Boys
Food: French Macaroons
Place to travel to : Bali

Alyson Hannigan. I don't know, she just seems so down to earth and fun.

Relax. Your baby loves you, you're amazing, and everything is going to be alright.

Happy.

When I was really young, I wanted to be a florist. Now I'm a lawyer.

Alive: The queen. It must be so awesome.
Dead: Audrey Hepburn. She was amazing.

When were you sure you wanted to be a mom? If you didn't, what is it that you like the most now that you are one?
jlm2676
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Bump to get on my laptop
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:29 PM

. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? The moment I saw my baby--a real live BABY--on the u/s screen. After 2.5 years of trying, it was such a relief to see a human being growing inside me!

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? NC Mutiny, Newcomers, and my birth month group.

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? My FRIENDS! <3

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) Reading, cooking, and prepping for baby!

Book
: Anything by C.S. Lewis
Movie
: Kill Bill 1 and 2
Song: Crazy GIrl by the Eli Young Band

Food: I'm a foodie. I can and will eat anything.
Place to travel to
: So far, San Deigo!

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Hmmmmm....That's a toughy. Probably Victoria Beckham, because my bestie would be jealous! lol

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? So far, I *am* a new mom, but I would say CALM DOWN and find some inner peace. You're going to need it.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? On a good day: Peaceful. On a bad day: Anxious.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? I wanted to be a chef. I have been a chef, and I loved it, but it doesn't work well with morning sickness. I am not working Front Desk at a historic hotel and I LOVE it.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? The Queen of England. No joke!

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? This is going to get deep: What past hurts are you still holding on to and why?

jlm2676
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM

When I started working and going to school.  I am doing this for my kids along with myself.

Non really, I usually log on to Cafemom while on my phone so I read whatever post sounds interesting.

The diversity of everyone.

Well when I am not home with my ds I am either working or in school.

Book
: Twilight series, the only book I have read for a while
Movie
: The Outsiders - has been my favorite since I was a kid
Song
: The only time I listen to the radio is on my way to work or school
Food: Sweets - going to school to be a Pastry Chef!
Place to travel to
: Would love to visit Ireland someday or even take a cruise

Reese Witherspoon, she seems to be the most down to earth celebrity!

If someone offers to help, let them.  Just because you have been around babies does not mean you know what is going to happen when you have your baby!

I don't think I ever really wanted to be anything when I grew up or atleast i don't remember it. 

I just graduated from Culinary school with a degree in Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management.  I went back to get certified as a Pastry Chef and now stay home with my ds during the day and go to school at night.  The nights I don't have school I work in a restaurant as manager/grill cook.

No one, I love my life, even though it is hectic and stressfull!

Not really a question but more of a statement!  I would love all Cafemoms to stop arguing over sahm and wohms or even the whole breast feeding/formula feeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN