Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Our Featured Mom of the Day Could Be YOU!

Posted by   + Show Post

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

In honor of the holiday, I'd like to invite you all to tell us a bit about yourself by filling out our "Mom of the Day" questionnaire. It's a fun way to get to know each other - and you might even be selected to be a featured "Mom of the Day" on the site and in our newsletter.

I hope you all enjoy this day with your families!

----

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? 

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? 

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

5. What are your favorites:
Book
:
Movie
:
Song
:
Food:
Place to travel to
:

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? 

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? 

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?

by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Replies (51-60):
DevilInPigtails
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1. Showing my girls that mistakes are ok, and a creative solution can always be found.

2. Chronic Illness
Military Mom groups
Girl Scout one

3. That I can get and give advice and solutions, laugh, cry, and support each other.

4. TV, Reading, playing games, sleeping,

5. Author: Susanne Brookman, I believe
Movie: It has been to long to remember
Song: Madonna Promise to Try
Food: Spicy and Ice cream
Place to Travel To: Japan

6: Madonna, because she has had such a positive impact on my life.

7: Don't take it personal.

8: Open

9: To work with Animals, When I do work Social Work, definatly not the bleeding heart kind.

10. Hmmm, I don't want to trade, but I would love to sit down with Michelle Obama.

11. What is the biggest defining moment in your life?
manda-nicole010
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:00 PM

My daughter is 16 months, so I haven't really had a long time to have that many defining moments... but I would say that it has been the realization that not only does time go fast but it also doesn't. She is growing quickly and learning fast, but that doesn't take away from the time I've had with her and will have with her. 

The December 2010 group and this group. 

The ability to talk to other moms and get advice and just the learning experience. I've learned so much since joining just by reading the many responses and the wide variety of topics.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

I crochet, read and write. 

Book
: Catch Me
Movie
: Tangled
Song
: Who Says
Food: Mexican
Place to travel to
 : Not sure

I don't really know. I don't think about celebrities often and I don't often follow their lives. 

Don't plan on what you're going to do after you have the baby because it basically all changes once you have that baby. Until you are there... you won't know what you're going to do.

Different

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 

A vet. I'm now in school to be a psychologist.

I wouldn't want to. I'm happy where I am at and with who I am. There are a few things that I want to change and am working on changing but that's it. i don't want to be in anyone else's place. 

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?

jworden81
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:02 PM

1) Knowing that even with sleep deprivation and a 48 hour labor, nothing compares to being a mommy. Holding my baby girl is my own personal piece of Heaven.

2) I visit the WAH mom groups, because I'm constantly on the look out for ways to earn income and still be a SAHM.

3) Meeting people I otherwise wouldn't meet.

4) blogging, doing counted cross stich, studying God's word, church functions, being on FB and hunting for bargains at thrift shops.

5)My favorite book is the Bible. My favorite movie is the Wedding Singer. My favorite foods are anything Italian or Mexican, and Disneyworld is my favorite place I've ever vacationed at.I haven't been there since 2000, but someday I hope to go back.

6) I don't know.

7) Prepare and freeze at least 1 months worth of food before the baby comes, and don't be surprised if people act like you don't exist for a few months. You may want to believe that you'll have several visitors coming to see how you're healing, how the baby is doing and bring a meal. Unfortunately people will give you space for the 1st few months thinking that's what you want. Even if you're child has special health issues and you need the help. Only depend on yourself.

8) caring

9) I always wanted to be a SAHM and writer. I've achieved both.

10) I don't know.

11) Is it just me or does it seem like people should do more to support you during the newborn phase when you're sleep deprived, healing and your husband's at work all day long?

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? never to take life for granted and always appericated those around you

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? mom confession, the park bench and New jersey moms

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? Making new friends

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) Working, getting my nails or toes done, reading, watching a movie, catching up on my shows or shopping

Book
: Mytserty thrills, vampires dairies, the walking dead, vampire adcamey, house of night
Movie
: horrorm comdey or action
Song
:amazed, red solo cup, springsteen
Food: scrapple, philly cheesesteaks, pizza
Place to travel to
: Ocean City Maryland, Lancaster Pa and Jersey shore

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Don't follow any celebrates moms

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? tried to nap when the little one is napping

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? alone

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? always wanted to be a medical assistant but that didn't work so I just had jobs in offices as data entry or retail., Now I'm working at Bottom Dollar Foods.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? no one

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? Why bash or attacke those who don't breastfeed there kids or what they feed there kids??

lynnzenda
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? My husband and I tried so hard for years to have children so when both our children were born was the most defining moment as being a mom. 

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? Since I just joined today, I am still working my way through CafeMom. 

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? I love Mom Networking Groups. My husband travels every other week, and I have 2 special needs children. So many a day I have a need to vent and make sure I am still sane. There are alot of questions, I have at times, and who else is better to ask than a parent.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) In my spare time I love selling Dove Chocolate Discoveries. And holding Chocolate Tasting Parties. It is so rewarding and so much Fun. I would love to be able to share the experience with other moms. Our Chocolate Martini's and Truffle Brownies are to die for! 

Book
:Twilight Series
Movie
:A walk in the clouds
Song
:It's a wonderful World
Food:Pasta, Shrimp and Steak!
Place to travel to
 :Would love to travel to The Islands of Greece and to The islands of Italy.

I don't have any particular celebrity mom that I would love to hang out with. 

Cherish every moment. 

besides stressed or tired.... Special. 

I wanted to be a princess! 

I would love to trade places with Robin Williams any time. I would love to keep everyone laughing. 

I would love to know if there are any other mom's on this site with that have special needs children. My children have Type 1 diabetes, and aspergers. They both have Epilepsy too. But are currently controlled.

rednaxelaym
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

In honor of the holiday, I'd like to invite you all to tell us a bit about yourself by filling out our "Mom of the Day" questionnaire. It's a fun way to get to know each other - and you might even be selected to be a featured "Mom of the Day" on the site and in our newsletter.

I hope you all enjoy this day with your families!

----

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? When I realized i was going to be parenting alone and that every thing I did from this moment on would affect my child, so I had to do my best to be the best person and parent I could be.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? Newcomers

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? The diversity.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) I scrapbook.

Book
: The Pearl by John Steinbeck
Movie
: The Shawshank Redemption
Song
: Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye
Food: Broccoli
Place to travel to
: The Beach

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Pink. She seems so down to Earth

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? Don't rush, everything will come in time.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? Happy

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? A mother and a doctor. Had a talk with a Dr at a seminar when was 15ish and realized that if I wanted to be the best mom I could....I couldn't also be a dr. I am now a data processor for a local company. I love it!

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? My son, just because he is such a goof, I'd love to see how he sees the world.

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? How can you be so cruel to other mothers and truly teach your children kindness?

acrogodess
by Lissette on May. 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? The moment that I realized I loved them more, than I hated myself. (I was totally all emo before the term "emo" existed)

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? Mostly the Make a Difference Group. The Newcomer Group. and Confessions 

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? I like reading and replying to the posts, the friends I've made, being a group mod. 

I work part-time for the YMCA. I am busy planning to homeschool the kids next school year. I answer surveys online to earn money and gift cards. Sometimes, I blog for yahoo or knickledger. I babysit to make extra money. I am ALWAYS busy! Lol. I like to read for pleasure. I like to write poetry. I like playing on pogo.com and acrochallenge and bingo blitz on facebook. I love singing. I love spending time with the kids and somehow with everything I do, I do make time for them.

Book
: Hmmm. I like way too many books to name a favorite
Movie
: Disney's The Little Mermaid
Song: Right now it is Taylor Swift's Eyes Open
Food: Anything MY mom cooks especially spanish food because DUH we're Hispanic lol
Place to travel to : I have never truly traveled anywhere, but I would like to someday visit Rome and The Vatican

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? None. I'm boring. Lol. Maybe Madonna because DUH she's Madonna.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? You're never going to be perfect and while that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try your best, don't sweat it when things don't go exactly as planned. Your kid will swallow something he or she shouldn't. You will get a purple poop when they munch on a crayon. Lol. Your kid will escape from you at least once in public and you will feel incredible panic and then such intense RELIEF when you find him or her two seconds later. Then comes the anger. It's all normal. Lol.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? Creative

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? I wanted to be so many things growing up : an astronaut, a teacher, a doctor, a lawyer, an FBI agent, a cop... I am now a pre-k group activities director for the YMCA.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? Honestly, I'd trade places with my daughter for a day. Oh, to be 9 again and have no worries!

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? What is the one thing that pisses you off the most and why?

delmobaby
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM
For me i guess would be all of it. Hearing the lil ones first say "mom" and "i love you". My twenty month old started saying it about two weeks ago. I never get tired of hearing that.

The lounge 

Being able to vent or get advice or share good news

I scrapbook or if i have enough time a soak in the tub

Book:i have no fav love reading
Movie:i have several. One is dirty dancing
Song:she dont know shes beautiful
Food:anything not good for me :)
Place to travel to :anywhere

Not really sure

Let the little things go..dishes laundry....cant do it all all the time.

Friendly

Writer and photographer

Cant think of anyone

How do you get "me" time when you have several (i have 5) children and a hubby who doesnt help with any housework?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinsforlove
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? Not sure

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?  Single Moms

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? The ability to talk about anything with out being judged

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) Free time what is that?

Book
: Accidently married
Movie
: HOP
Song
: Me and Emily
Food: somethng i didnt make
Place to travel to
: Paris

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Not sure really

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? Cherish every moment even the sleepless nights

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? Driven

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? I wanted to be a stay at home wife and mom ; now single mom and Medical Assistant

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?  No one then i would not be itht he twns for a whole day!

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? Do you ever feel lke your messing up?

Pandapanda
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 8:50 PM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? It's really hard to pinpoint a single moment. I've been through a lot with my children. Through severe allergic reactions (food allergies), serious illnesses from said reactions, head-first falls out of shopping carts (and managing to stay cool as a cucumber!). My second baby stopped breathing one night and being able to deal with that without hysterics. Surviving Postpartum Depression and using that experience to advocate. There's a lot to choose from, but maybe the one moment was the day I really realized this was my calling in life.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? Pregnancy! I love that group, I love helping others, and I love being pregnant! Can't wait to add to our family.. :)

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? The diversity, the wealth of knowledge, the understanding (and the hatefulness, lol)

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) I really enjoy baking and cooking. My favorite dish right now is balsamic glazed pork chops- and they're a hit with my toddler!

Book
: A Song of Ice And Fire
Movie
: Conan The Barbarian (Jason Momoa, baby!! YUM! No sparkling teenager nonsense in this house!)
Song
: Bad Company (both the Bad Company and Five Finger Death Punch versions!)
Food: The fabulous balsamic pork chops mentioned above, STEAK!, I love garlic in my food.
Place to travel to
: Florida :) Born and raised!

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? I like PINK's no BS attitude, but I love Jessica Alba's natural-minded parenting views.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? Stand your ground on your birth and parenting choices. Sleep when that baby sleeps. Make sure your partner and family know the signs of PPD, and get help if they think you should be checked out.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? Human.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? I wanted to be an anesthesiologist. And a pediatrician. And a rockstar.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? My 5 month old daughter, so I could nap whenever I want, not worry about chores, and have someone feed and dress me. ;)

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? What has been your biggest challenge as a woman or mother?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)