Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Our Featured Mom of the Day Could Be YOU!

Posted by   + Show Post

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

In honor of the holiday, I'd like to invite you all to tell us a bit about yourself by filling out our "Mom of the Day" questionnaire. It's a fun way to get to know each other - and you might even be selected to be a featured "Mom of the Day" on the site and in our newsletter.

I hope you all enjoy this day with your families!

----

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? 

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? 

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

5. What are your favorites:
Book
:
Movie
:
Song
:
Food:
Place to travel to
:

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? 

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? 

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?

by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Replies (71-80):
sacdp29
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:01 AM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? Being there for my two children, going thru the bad and good times.  Seeing my granddaughter born.  Its all very defining.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?  Grandma's Group, Cozy Country Hideaway, Fibro Sisters

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? I like that I can talk to women going thru what I may be going thru or maybe have a similiar illness, knowing that I'm not alone.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)   Besides Cafemom, I am also a Facebook junkie, I like to just sit and watch TV

Book
: Anything by Janet Evanovich
Movie
:
Song
:
Food: Chinese
Place to travel to
: visit my sister(Mississippi) or dad (Texas)

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?  Actually I suppose Sharon Osbourne.  We have husbands that were similiar in their younger days.  She's been through alot with her kids and husband and she still seems very positive.  And through it all she stayed with Ozzy

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?   Enjoy your children and give them all your attention and love.  They grow up too fast.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? Woman

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?  I wanted to be a teacher when I was a child.  Before going on disability, in 2003, I was Administrative Assistant.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?  Anyone that was healthy

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?  Why did you join Cafemom?

u_3befdab1

soontobemommy22
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

In honor of the holiday, I'd like to invite you all to tell us a bit about yourself by filling out our "Mom of the Day" questionnaire. It's a fun way to get to know each other - and you might even be selected to be a featured "Mom of the Day" on the site and in our newsletter.

I hope you all enjoy this day with your families!

----

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?  Having our apartment to let the kids play in and not have to worry about anything

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?  depends on my day

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?  its a safe place to talk about our kids

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)  reading or watching tv

Book
: I have so many
Movie
: Any Mandy Moore or Rachel McAdams movie
Song
: Walking her Home by Mark Shultuz (our song) 
Food
: Pasta
Place to travel to
: any where with just the hubby and me when the in laws have the kids

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?  Tori Spelling I just love her

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?  cherrish all baby meremories they wont be this little for ever

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?  loving

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 1st grade teacher I am a stay at home mom

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?  umm... the hubby to see what his day is like at work and to see what my life is like for a day :)

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? what is you day like

in loveProud Wife  to Patrick since 1/19/08!  toddler girlMommy  to  Taylor Grace  ( 7/19/08) & toddler boy Caden Austin (2-17-10)  Proud Christianpraying since 2004.

gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:38 AM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? There was two. Going back to school and marying a man who had custody of his three children whom I treat just like my own.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? The cafe

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? I like how diverse the women are. We come from so many walks in life. I like getting opinions of EVERY subject...even if that gets me into trouble sometimes.....

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) Reading. 

Book
: the dragonriders of pern
Movie
: AVATAR
Song
: Dominick the donkey
Food: fried chicken
Place to travel to
 : Florida.

hermmmm Adam Sandler. He is a pretty chilled out guy. One of my friends got to hang out with him a few times when he was a extra.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? Dont just throw advice away. Store it somewhere just incase you need it in the future.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? complicated

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 

I wanted to be a salesperson of some sort....I am a stay at home mom.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? Beyonce....She is pretty and I would like to see what it would be liket o have people fawning over me for just one day.

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?

Are you where you want to be in life? If not how do you think you could get to that point?

cmeeso
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM

All I have ever wanted was a family of my own. My mother had me very young and gave me away to my Great-Aunt. My defining moment would be having my children at a young age and being able to care for them despite my age as well as being independent.

Mom Confessions, never fails to amuse me!

I love the humour on here.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

If not on Cafemom, and I actually do get the time to relax, I enjoy watching and reading things pertaining to interior design. 

Book
: Blindness
Movie
: Breakfast at Tiffanys
Song
: Priscilla Anh - Dream
Food: Sushi
Place to travel to
 : New York ( still waiting for the day to travel to Paris )

Noone I can think of at the moment.

In my opinion, brand name clothing in the early years. With our first child, we bought everything brand name! It ended up being a waste of money, as well as crib bedding since we didn't get to use it. He grew out of clothes we bought after a month. 50$ on a shirt he only wore twice, not smart.

Random.

I always wanted to be a lawyer,I went to school for law BUT waking up early for court proceedings and staying up late at night reading citations just wasn't really for me. I ended up dropping out, and now I've finished my studies in Occupational Health and Safety. Not practicing YET.

My mother. She says I'll never understand her or her choices in life. We're in a good place right now, but I'd love to go back in time and trade places with her for one day. Just to see.

Is your online person any different from your real life?

MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? Well, it's hard to pick just one; every day motherhood is a "defining moment" when dealing with a special-needs kid (DD is autistic).

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? Usually Shameless or Twenty-somethings.

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? The advice I get from the Autism support groups.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) working out, sleeping, reading.

Book
: anything Stephen King or H. P. Lovecraft.
Movie
: Boondock Saints, Natural Born Killers
Song
: I can't pick just one.
Food: Seafood
Place to travel to
: Tennessee. <3 that state.

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? Pink. She's the only one that doesn't strike me as an uppity bitch lol.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? RELAX! It's not as hard as you're making it out to be.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? Rowdy.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? I wanted to be an actress or a model (and I did model, up till I had DD).

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? Someone with no kids! LoL

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? Why does it seem like I'm the only mom on here who doesn't hate her husband?

Chillisarah
by New Member on May. 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Many defining moments, but the one that sticks out in my mind is the first time I nursed my son while combing my daughter's hair. It was such a revealing moment. Here I was with two children, multi-tasking and keeping them both happy. I felt complete and I remember wishing that someone could capture a picture of this moment in time.

I'm always in the Beauty 101 group. Learned so much in that group about skin care, hair care, different ways to apply makeup, tips on nail designs and nail care. Lots of the advice is all natural remedies for hair care too. Really fun group!

I love having conversations with moms from all walks of life. Networking, learning, sharing perspectives with moms from all over the world.

I do yoga. I take long walks. I love to cuddle with my husband and watch a good movie or relax and read a good book. Boating is one of my favorite things to do - in the summer time you can find me on a boat.

Book
: The Secret, The Nanny Diaries, Charlotte's Web, Women Who Run with the Wolves, Waiting to Exhale
Movie
: The Back to the Future Trilogy, Cabin in the Sky, Sparkle, Imitation of Life(1959), O' Brother Where Art Thou, Kill Bill Vol.1 & 2, The Matrix, Fried Green Tomatoes, Big Fish, 50 First Dates, Forrest Gump, The Nanny Diaries, Food, Inc., Riding in Cars with Boys, The Devil's Advocate, Shallow Hal, Family Man, The Devil's Advocate, also I watch a lot of documentaries.
Song
: Not so much favorite songs but I do have favorite music artists: Mariah Carey, Anita Baker, Jay-Z, Amel Larrieux, Sade, BeyoncĂ©, and Aaliyah.  I do really love the song called Stars by Kindred the Family Soul.
Food
: Gyros with feta cheese, Enchiladas and refried beans, Cesar Salads, Corned Beef Reuben Sandwiches, Thanksgiving food, Salmon Croquettes with Spinach, chilli cheese fries, fruit salad
Place to travel to
: I love visiting my family in Texas.  I have always wanted to visit Hawaii, Amsterdam, and Paris.

I would love to hang out with Mariah Carey. I love to sing and she is my favorite singer. I would absolutely want to sing a duet with her and chat with her about being a mom to her beautiful twins.

Trust your instincts! Trust your rooted in nature motherly instincts. Not a book, not cultural norms - your motherly instincts. If something in your gut feels right or wrong - listen to it and don't second guess that. Don't blindly take advice either. Everybody will give you advice also but ultimately do what you feel is right.

Philosophical

As a child, I really wanted to be a doctor. As I got older I knew that the field of medicine was not for me although it still fascinates me. Eventually, I found my career passion and that is Recruiting/Human Resource Development & Management. I left corporate America to be a stay at home mom. I currently work from home as an Independent Contract Recruiter -very flexible work being able to telecommute and I love that it allows me to be a SAHM. I am also a college student. I aspire to one day work on an executive level as Vice President of Human Resources for a company and make the workplace mom-friendly by implementing flex time and telecommuting opportunities where applicable.

No one. That might be a boring answer but I don't desire to trade places with anyone for a day. My life is interesting enough!

What have you learned from Cafemom?

KRIZZ25
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:49 AM

----

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? I HAVE A LOT CANT PIN PONT ONE..

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? I HAVE AFEW..

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? PPL THAT I THANK UNDERSTAND BIT MOT JUST WONT TO BASH ME.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) SLEEPING

5. What are your favorites: DONT HAVE TIME FOR ANY ..
Book
:
Movie
:
Song
:
Food:
Place to travel to
:

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? NA

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? GET HELP,GET SLEEP.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? TIRED

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be?WHATS WTH ALL THE HATERS??

SevysMomma
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? The entire first 3 years of my sons' life. It started with finding out I would be a single mother, and dealing with that. Then it was that my son would be born with defects and a whole slew of problems coming with that. Our recent times have included the suicide of my sons' father. It's been so hard. But somehow here I am - and my son is smiling and happy, every day. That's all I can do - make sure he keeps that smile on his face no matter what I am going through.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom? Elite Mommas Photo Contests, Siggy Dynasty & Newcomers. 

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? The fun, the friends, the drama.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) Hanging out with my mom, playing bingo, watching Criminal Minds.

Book
: Nothing will ever beat out my favorite Twilight Saga.
Movie
: I just watched the Vow, probably my favorite movie recently.
Song
: Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
Food: Anything bad for me! =P
Place to travel to
: My Nooma's house! We love going there. Family means more to us than anything. And we don't travel other than that usually, lol.

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? So hard! I think I would chose Maggie Gyllenhaal - she seems legit cool. I probably should pick someone like Michelle Williams who pretty much went through/going through what I have. 

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? Realize that not everything you say you will do will happen and it's ok. Motherhood is mostly about switching paths and realizing at the end of the day, you're still doing just fine.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? Erratic.

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? From about the age of 5 I was telling people the only thing I wanted to be when I was older was a mother. Now that I am a mother, I wish I had waited, lol. It's alot tougher than I ever imagined.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? My son - I just want to know how he feels about me, even on my worst days. I would love to know first hand that he still loves me all the same.

11. If there was one question you'd love all CafeMoms to answer, what would it be? Would you ever consider leaving CM for good? What would be your reasons?

GraceHudson
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Bump!

Yellowlily333
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

When my son was 4 he learned about malaria, and the toll it took on people. He learned about a charity called Nothing but nets that baought mosquito nets to put around families beds in Africa to protect them. He was so inspired he donated every cent in his piggy bank, and asked everyone he knew to donate also!

Newcomers

The kindness, and creativeness of SOME of the Mom's! We are here to support each other and while there at catty Mom's out there, there are some really sweet ones too!

Spare time?? LOL, Sometimes I try to sneak a good book on the beach on nice days, I also like to sew.

Book
:The Shack-such a good book!!
Movie
:Sweet Home Alabama
Song
:right now-anything by Adele
Food:peanut butter anything!
Place to travel to
:Disney World, it works for everyone in the family-only 7 months til we go again

Madea-haha if only she were real!!

Trust your own instincts!!

Mom-Im naturally motherly, and I love being a Mom!

I wanted to be a military police officer. I am a Mom, in home babysitter, part time daycare worker, and own a small boutique. LOL-not even close to the original plan!! LOL

An Amish woman. There life is so simple, yet so full! It would be nice to experience that for a day!

Why bully someone who does not share your views? Why not offer suppoet/kindness instead?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN