Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My Little Girl Is In Love!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I had to share, my DD is such a good bunny owner!!!  She is so in love w/Lily!

They are so stinking cute together & Lily goes everywhere w/her, yes Summer even has a leash for her bunny:)lol  I have never seen a bunny like this, she will literally lay in daughter's lap on her back & have her belly rubbed!  She even licks Summer, I swear I think the rabbit thinks it is a dog!

by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Replies (11-15):
CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Yeah that is what happened here.

Bunny likes to go up to Chief & hop around him & then bolt & Chief bolts, never tries to eat him or anything.  Honestly it appears they are racing, lol.

Well Lily stopped suddenly right in front of Chief & Chief tripped right over her:(

So hopefully the vet is right & she just has a bruised bladder.  I am figuring that it is a good sign that she wants to hop around today & has eaten & drank.  Summer feels bad bc she went in to check on Lily & like always Lily went right to the cage door wanting out but I told Summer no not right now, later bc I want her to rest a bit more.

We got Lily from a farm that raises rabbits, not a pet store.  Summer held quite a few before deciding on Lily.  Lily instantly took to Summer, it really was amazing.  She curled right up in Summer's arms, so it was Lily that came home w/us:)

Quoting hollinicole:

Ya she had a great bunny name Lucy! She was get and of the kids could hold her and she could even run around with the dogs. But I was dog sitting one week and the dog tired to play with her, DD found Lucy not moving. We waited a year and she asked for a new bunny but this one was nothing like Lucy. He hated to be held and always pooped on you. Sad DD wanted nothing to do with him so we found him a new home. I had awesome bunnies growing up to

Quoting CABZS:

Really?  I think it is so great, but just never saw a bunny behave like this!

Even our vet finds it amazing.  I mean she feels rabbits make good pets but has never seen a bunny quite like Lily, lol.

Right now we are praying & waiting & nursing Lily, she kind of got stepped on yesterday & peed some blood.  Vet said he would be more worried if it had been a human that stepped on her & not the dog tripping over her.

He said that it typically means the bladder is bruised & will take time.  Hoping he is correct.

But Lily made it through the night, is hopping in her cage again & even ate last night & chomped down on the bananas & carrots (which she loves) that she didn't want last night.  So I figure this is all good signs!

I swear Lily even knows when I'm cutting up carrots & bananas bc she tries climbing my leg while I'm cutting them up!lol

Quoting hollinicole:

Awww DD had a bunny like that too!

VintageWife
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Awwwww!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Bumping bc I love to show off my DD (well my son as well but since he has turned 12 he hides from my camera).

SammiBaby
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Aw how cute is that!!!

CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely love it!

I so can't wait til her daddy can see all this first hand and not through a camera!!!

Quoting SammiBaby:

Aw how cute is that!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)