Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I see a lot of people complaining..

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:01 AM
  • 51 Replies
11 moms liked this
About Mother's day, and truly feel bad for them. However, I think they feel so let down because they expect too much from this day. My 4 year old ds gave me my first Mothers Day gift Friday. It was a little mom survey from Pre K where he answered random questions on how much he loves mommy. It was so precious that I teared up. And my dh cleaned the house yesterday, and I don't think he even realized it was almost Mothers Day. The thing is they always tell me they love me & I get a few surprises along the way. Yes, I do sometimes feel taKen for granted, but that's part of being a mom. Happy Mothers Day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
autumn_sunset
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Happy Mother's day to you,I really feel like blowing up the forums today...I'm sick of seeing all the complaints! Lol!

alwayskk
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM
4 moms liked this

I didn't know that Mother's Day was originally about peace.

I learned that the other day and since I'm single with no one to wish me HMD anyway, from now on, the day will be about peace and love. 

One love.

wildlilacs
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I love my kids and I know they love me, thats all I need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBee12808
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
That's why I don't celebrate it. People are acting like of they don't get a spectacular gift and pampered and all that bs, they are not loved or valued as a mom. I have a few friends that have already texted me whining and complaining and its like do you really need a special day set aside to feel good as a mom. I know others who's husbands are over seas and would love just 10 minutes together and don't care about the presents but other women just b*tch and complain because there husbands didnt do anything offer them something. It just irritates me. I don't need a pampered day to feel validated as a mother. I did, however, send my mom flowers, a card, and some pictures of my daughter because we don't get go see each other very often.
Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Happy mother's day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twoblues
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Quoting alwayskk:

I learned that the other day and since I'm single with no one to wish me HMD anyway, from now on, the day will be about peace and love. 

One love.

I didn't know that! Happy Mother's Day, KK.
KawaiiNerrie
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I don't expect anything from anyone. :/

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm with you.  Mother's Day is a manufactured holiday to make money for greeting cards.  It's part and parcel to the idea that the better the gift the more they love you.  Eh, I got cheap drugstore perfume, a windchime, tea, a homemade cookbook, and a homemade bookmark.

Then, just now, dd sat down and rubber cemented a bunch of popsicle sticks together for an Extra gift. LOL

Shrug,  I'm off to do laundry.  LOL

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this
I expect hugs and kisses, but that's it. :)
alwayskk
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Quoting twoblues:

Quoting alwayskk:

One love.

I didn't know that! Happy Mother's Day, KK.

Aww, thank you, mama. Same to you! <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN