Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Leash?

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:06 PM
  • 234 Replies
1 mom liked this

What are your thoughts on child "leashes"?

So many people comment when I have my son using his backpack harness.Good and bad, He thinks it's the greatest thing ever because he doesn't have to be in the stroller. For the most part, he still hol our hand with it on, but when he gets excited he might try to run. I was trying to find this old pict of me and my dad, but I was on a wrist leash as a child, so I think the ones they have now are much nicer!

by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkHairMAMA
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
We love our backpack leash!! Our 5yo still uses it, and even asks for to use it when we don't put it on him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArianasMama2007
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM
10 moms liked this
Imho leashes are for dogs not children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BV88
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:10 PM
5 moms liked this
Use anything that will control your kid in public I always say!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:10 PM
3 moms liked this
I think they are better than strollers, honestly. At least with those they have freedom to walk around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM
7 moms liked this

I love them......especially for the "runner children", lol

We have this one

And this one as well

I will always prefer a wrist leash or a back pack leash as opposed to burying my child or grandchild 6 feet under any day

DixieL
by Dixie on May. 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I don't like them, but that is just me. Everyone has the right to do what the feel is right for them

Lizzys_mommy13
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

We use a harness when we go to crowded places. Dd is pretty good about staying next to me, but she doesn't always like to hold my hand and she hates her stroller. So, the harness gives her a little bit of freedom, and it gives me a little bit of sanity. 
The parents that use them and drag their babies everywhere on them (literally dragging them) should learn what they are really used for. They ruin it for other people.
The people that stop and make rude comments to others need to learn their place. Unless its somehow harming the child, butt out. Everyone parents different. 

jillbailey26
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I've never used one, but I dont knock people that do.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Cymbeline
by Spock's 2nd Cousin on May. 13, 2012 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I see no problem with them, but have never used them. I really dislike when people react illogically and insist that parents are parents are treating their children like dogs when using a harness.

andersongirl562
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I use a stroller when little by age three they were well behaved enough to stand next to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)