Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

im not doing it no matter what she says or thinks ~~MAY CAUSE DRAMA~~

Posted by   + Show Post

My DH and I are ttc(currently in 2ww mode) and we were talking with his mom about who will be in the delivery room. She is fine with it being just DH and I. She is fine with the delay possibly no vaxing. BUT OH JEEZ when i said we were not going to circumcised she flipped her lid. Saying that it helps prevent cancer,is cleaner, and it looks better than an un-circumcised penis.That the WHO,APA, AND THE MAYO CLINIC recommend it which i know is a load of shiz.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Replies (31-37):
grey7399
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:44 PM

LOL If you have a girl, there won't be any arguing, so let it ride until something comes of ttc.

gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM

this is what the AAP has to say

"potential medical benefits of newborn male circumcision; however, these data are not sufficient to recommend routine neonatal circumcision. In circumstances in which there are potential benefits and risks, yet the procedure is not essential to the child's current well-being, parents should determine what is in the best interest of the child. To make an informed choice, parents of all male infants should be given accurate and unbiased information and be provided the opportunity to discuss this decision. If a decision for circumcision is made, procedural analgesia should be provided."

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/103/3/686.full?sid=4c786603-0a39-4107-9ec8-c6d1f3fd4f43

FooLynRoo
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM

So.

Some things aren't other peoples business , you should learn to draw the line when it comes to your childs sexual organs.

Sooner - rather than later.

Quoting fluffball8812:

She was over at our home and asked about the delivery room vaxing and circing

Quoting FooLynRoo:

So what you are saying is you are not even pregnant yet - and you are already discussing your maybe son's penis with your mother  in law

Gotchya.

kansasmom1978
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Ummmm why do you give a shit if she is fine with any of it?

finnbar
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Quoting fluffball8812:

She was over at our home and asked about the delivery room vaxing and circing

That's inordinantly nosy!  How did she know to ask about those 3, very hot button, topics?  I'm guessing she already knew you are "crunchier" or more "counter-culture" than most and was trying to figure out what she disagreed with sooner rather than later.  She may think that she can wear you down with her arguments or that she can work on her son (like my MIL).  Either way, I suggest you shut her down by refusing to engage.

fluffball8812
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I really don't care what she thinks. when she asked i had just got home from work i was tired and she choose to ask then

Quoting kansasmom1978:

UMmmm why do you give a shit if she is fine with any of it?

other_mother
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM

A. It's none of her business.

B. If you do have a son, make sure you educate her on the care of an uncircumcised penis.  If she is worried about cleanliness, she may try to retract the foreskin to clean it when she changes him.

C. Neither DH nor DS are circumcised, and neither have ever had any problems with cleanliness, cancer, and in my husband's case-- getting laid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN