Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SUMMER TIME... what??

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

What do you do to keep your kids busy in the summer??

We got a membership to the zoo and the botanical gardens, so we will go to one of those weekly and explore a different part each time. I am getting the kids each their own camera and little scrapbook so they can put it together.

They have a blog, so we will be blogging at least twice a week. That will take time because they will have to edit pictures, and think about what they want to write.

We have a free bowling pass thing for the summer, so we will go bowling at least once a month... maybe more often.

We are also looking for a place or two to volunteer, so I'm hoping that will take up some more time.

Then there's the dog park, and the gym. Also, there's a track by our house so I'm going to get them into running and by the end of the summer I'm going to have them do a 1 mile fun run for some cause that I hope to discover by then. :)

Stumped for ideas? 500+ Summer Activities for Kids

by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1busymomma03
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM

We spend a lot of time in our pool. We have lots of pool parties during summer. We go to the park a lot, and we love camping. The kids also have a lot of friends in the neighborhood so there is always someone to play with.

taramac
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM
We have a boat so we try to go out on the lake every weekend and let our boys swim for hours. It's great exercise plus it tires them out so they go to bed early!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmjmlj
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I'll list stuff we do. Boating beach fishing crabbing lake kite flying river canoeing camping amusement park zoo museums aquarium camp bowling movies library bike riding hiking picking berries crafts working on pond four wheeling mud riding kid cooking lessons horseback riding park splash pad water park bbq's gardrning bubbles circus summer fair drive thru jet? skies pool hope some of these ideas we do are helpful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a list on the fridge of things we want do it.

Our list:

beaches(I live on the East coast, there are many beaches)

Cliff walk(in Newport RI there is a cliff, with a walk along it and the ocean)

Canobie Lake(Amusement park)

Climo Mount Monadnock

Water Wizz(water park)

PTown(province town, it's the furthest most tip of the cape)

Cape Cod Canal(it's a few miles long, we bike it)

Hiking(living in the north east we have mnay places to hike)

Patriots training camp(we'll go watch them)

New Hampshire(there is SO much to do and see there)

Plymouth MA(again, very nice place to visit ans walk around.)

The Drive Inn(we go a few times a year)

Driving ranges

Mini golf

Zoos

And I'm sure we'll think of more by summer.

.Angel.Eyes.
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't wait for summer :) Bumping for later, to check out your blog. Thanks for posting!

Mrs.Winchester
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I never in my life thought someone would ask what I do to keep my kid busy in the summer.  It rains 9 months of the year here.  Summer is the only time we are out of the house!  Really,  I don't even need to try.  I just open the front door,  she runs outside,  and mission accomplished.

P.V.Hawkwind
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Camping, swim lessons, parks, sea world, ice skating lessons, tennis lessons and just playing outside
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids go to camp so our activities take place on weekends. We belong to a swim club, we might join the zoo. We signed up for Kids Bowl Free, last year we went bowling every week, sometimes a few times a week. We're going on vacation for a week. We might go to some amusement parks, not sure yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

One of my friends was given a huge catalogue of coupons for all the local attractions in Houston. We're going to space them out for twice a month.

I'm going to take some time off so I will be a SAHM for about a month and a half. I plan to use the week days to go explore around the Houston area. Places I've always wanted to take the kids but didn't have the time, money or patience for. LOL

Attention Cafemom Members:

I have had a serious case of the 'I don't give a fuck's' lately. I'm just being real and calling it like I see it because I no longer give a crap! Have a nice day! :)

82ndairbornewif
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:52 PM
I wanna come!!! Lol

Quoting christina0607:

We have a list on the fridge of things we want do it.

Our list:

beaches(I live on the East coast, there are many beaches)

Cliff walk(in Newport RI there is a cliff, with a walk along it and the ocean)

Canobie Lake(Amusement park)

Climo Mount Monadnock

Water Wizz(water park)

PTown(province town, it's the furthest most tip of the cape)

Cape Cod Canal(it's a few miles long, we bike it)

Hiking(living in the north east we have mnay places to hike)

Patriots training camp(we'll go watch them)

New Hampshire(there is SO much to do and see there)

Plymouth MA(again, very nice place to visit ans walk around.)

The Drive Inn(we go a few times a year)

Driving ranges

Mini golf

Zoos

And I'm sure we'll think of more by summer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)