Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Tables turned on extremist Pro-Lifers ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you agree with what Todd Stave is doing (having protesters called etc..) ?

Options:

I do agree with him

I do Not agree with him.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 78

View Results

Long story short ( this is what I got from reading a few different articles about this)  a Man named Todd Stave rents an office space ,to a Doctor , who uses that space to perform abortions.

A group of pro lifers have called Mr Stave , His parents , relatives , Neighbors and even visited his children's school (on the first day of school) they had phone calls and pamphlets ( including bloody images) left on their properties , also made a banner with Mr Stave's picture on it that they carried at the school. 

Mr. Stave decided to track the phone numbers of the people who called his house and then he started his own group and Pro choice group and they would call back the people who called Mr Stave , his family , friends etc.. and they would say ; 

“In a very calm, very respectful voice, they said that the Stave family thanks you for your prayers,” he said. “They cannot terminate the lease, and they do not want to. They support women’s rights.”

This started with a dozen or so friends, and then it grew. Soon, more than a thousand volunteers were dialing.

If they could find the information, Stave’s supporters would ask during the callbacks how the children in the family were doing and mention their names and the names of their schools. “And then,” Stave said, “we’d tell them that we bless their home on such and such street,” giving the address.

The family of a protester who called Stave’s home could get up to 5,000 calls in return.

LINK for One article on Mr Stave -  http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-clinics-landlord-turns-the-tables-on-anti-abortion-protesters/2012/03/29/gIQAThgwiS_story.html

by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
BEXi
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

An eye for an eye makes the world go blind...

TSNDDY
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Assaulting someone to stop them from assualting you/someone is usually called self defense

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

that idea is the same as fighting violence with violence.  makes both sides wrong and its unacceptable.
you cannot in one breath say its wrong to assault someone and then assault a person for assaulting another person... its the epitome of hypocrisy. 

Quoting lilbit53009:

i agree with him. 

you can't stop these crazy extremist pro-lifers. so why not? maybe it'll stop them in the future!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Perfect.Pixie
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right! 

happinessforyou
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no problem with protesting at the office site. But to me it should be considered stalking to confront someone with their children at school.

anon1986East
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

If I had people making harassing phone calls to my friends or family, for any reason, I'd be doing the same thing.

Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

of course.  but assaulting someone to tell them assaulting people is wrong is NOT self defense.
in this case people are pissed because the anti-choicers are harrassing and getting into their private live - their kids and homes etc... so... they do the same thing.  that doesnt make them any better - that makes them people who harrass and get into peoples private lives - kids and homes etc.

Quoting TSNDDY:

Assaulting someone to stop them from assualting you/someone is usually called self defense

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

that idea is the same as fighting violence with violence.  makes both sides wrong and its unacceptable.
you cannot in one breath say its wrong to assault someone and then assault a person for assaulting another person... its the epitome of hypocrisy. 

Quoting lilbit53009:

i agree with him. 

you can't stop these crazy extremist pro-lifers. so why not? maybe it'll stop them in the future!

Islandmom2boys
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM
I agree with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

while i understand the idea and intent - i dont really agree with it.. like... IF you think its not ok for those anti-choice extremists to be harrassing people and getting private information for THEIR cause- then its also shoudl not be ok for the other side to do it for THEIRS.  know what i mean.  if its wrong to harrass people then its wrong to harrass people.... no matter WHY you are harrassing them.  the pro-choice people are doing the exact same thing as the anti-choice extremists... so that can say that they are any different than those extremists.  IMO.

I think they are just letting these callers know that they aren't anonymous . The Pro choice group isn't telling all the PLers neighbors what they are doing or going to their children's schools. They are saying , nicely I might add , The lease won't be broken and btw we do know who you are. They are saying NO to the bullies.

“you know you’ve created God in your own image when God hates all the same people that you do”

AmberRose1122
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM
While two wrongs don't make a right, I would do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)