Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: Thelmama

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 5 Replies
3 moms liked this

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, Thelmama, spends most of her time in the CafeMom Newcomers Club, among a few other groups.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?

I think it would be when we almost lost our son and he was so very sick, that I didn't know if he'd make it.  I felt him leaving, like a part of me was leaving.  He was about 14 months old.  It made me realize how much a part of you, you child becomes.  They are a very part of your soul.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

I hang out in several, newcomers, mom confessions, The Lounge and the list goes on. I am an equal opportunity groupie. LOL

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

Learning from other women from all different walks of life. I think it helps me grow and learn and realiize how differences do not have to alienate us but can make us stronger and wiser.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)

Bible study, prayer, Facebook...playing with the kids, snuggling with my dh when he isn't working, reading.

5. What are your favorites:
Book: Anything by Karen Kingsbury......well I love to read and read and read some more.
Movie: Courageous
Song: Peace Be Still by Twila Paris
Food: Oh my, I just love food. 
Place to travel to: The Beach

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?

I am not sure, hmm, I guess I will say.........Julia Roberts

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?

Don't sweat the small stuff. Hand prints and crayons marks on things can be washed away, but those little hands grow up way too fast.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Happy

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

I am what a wanted to be a pastor's wife and a mom.  I don't work outside the home.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

Honestly, no one. I love my life, it isn't always easy and sometimes we struggle with this economy, but my life is blessed even through the hard times. 

Now here's her advice for YOU:

What is your favorite thing about being a Mom? Mine is the unconditional love that makes them think you are the best mom in the world, supermom and a cuddle all wrapped up into one.  My kids say I am their "snuggly". That is the best.

by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lemonade428
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I always wanted to be a mom and as a SAHM I am exactly where I was born to be.  I know I am well loved by my three beautiful children (27,23,13). The youngest of which is not our bio child but love doesn't read  DNA strands  She is the light of our lives. I believe that everything is for a reason and that she was brought to us to remind us everyday how precious life is.  I found a doodle by my 23-yr-old daughter today that read...

"1 Great Mom"  

I love my job... the privilege of being  a mom!

love you sign

s.adams83
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

My favorite thing about being a mom is the satisfaction I get when I see the accomplishments, big and small, that my children make.  I love it when my children realize they have done something they worked hard for and let out a big "YES" and give me a hug and tell me they love me. I love sseing the smiles on their faces when they hug me and tell me they love me.  I love the looks on their faces when I tell them how smart, funny and beuatiful they are.  I love everything about being a mom.  

VintageWife
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with your favorite thing :)

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Okay this is bringing back up a really old post, but I had no idea my feature had ever come up. LOL.

VintageWife
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I remember this :D I agree with everything except the beach. Just not a fan of it. We seem to be a lot alike.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN