CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
I think it would be when we almost lost our son and he was so very sick, that I didn't know if he'd make it. I felt him leaving, like a part of me was leaving. He was about 14 months old. It made me realize how much a part of you, you child becomes. They are a very part of your soul.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
I hang out in several, newcomers, mom confessions, The Lounge and the list goes on. I am an equal opportunity groupie. LOL
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
Learning from other women from all different walks of life. I think it helps me grow and learn and realiize how differences do not have to alienate us but can make us stronger and wiser.
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
Bible study, prayer, Facebook...playing with the kids, snuggling with my dh when he isn't working, reading.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: Anything by Karen Kingsbury......well I love to read and read and read some more.
Song: Peace Be Still by Twila Paris
Food: Oh my, I just love food.
Place to travel to: The Beach
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
I am not sure, hmm, I guess I will say.........Julia Roberts
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don't sweat the small stuff. Hand prints and crayons marks on things can be washed away, but those little hands grow up way too fast.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
I am what a wanted to be a pastor's wife and a mom. I don't work outside the home.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
Honestly, no one. I love my life, it isn't always easy and sometimes we struggle with this economy, but my life is blessed even through the hard times.
Now here's her advice for YOU:
What is your favorite thing about being a Mom? Mine is the unconditional love that makes them think you are the best mom in the world, supermom and a cuddle all wrapped up into one. My kids say I am their "snuggly". That is the best.