Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

We knew it would be coming soon but in June he is being screened for a youth sex offenders program. He will be sent 12 hours drive away or a period of 9-12 months  :( He hasn't spent much time away from home.. I hope it goes okay.

*back story instead of answering a dozen times. He put his hand down his 5 year old step sisters pants while at his dads visiting them last summer. Happened once, she told her mom, they called me, I told them to press charges, he plead guilty.. was very cooperative. He went through tons of psychological testing and counselling..  he got 24 months probation with some conditions and has to attend a program. Also came out he was molested by a neighborhood child when he was little.. so he is going to get counseling for that too.

by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
lisairv
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 4:59 PM
So sorry mama. I know it's going to be a hard time for all of you. Hopefully it will all turn out fine and the time flies by. Hugs!
bethmoore71
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I don't know the back story, but hugs regardless!

acaisha

Quoting hp2011:

will it be exponged?

once his probation is over, he has 24 months.. and he successfully completes the program his juvenile record is sealed, as long as he has no other convictions for 3 years after I think it is.... but he is in the DNA database as a sex offender for life.. so if he ever committed another crime they could reopen his juvenile record.. but they wouldn't unless he was every charged. this program has good success on a long study of 20 years..

this is what the study says.. and my son has no psychopathic traits.

Over the approximately ten year follow up period slightly less than one-fifth (17%) of the sample was charged with a sex offence. Seventy-nine percent of youths that attended the sex offender treatment program completed treatment. Those who completed treatment were less likely to sexually recidivate than those who dropped out. Youth who completed treatment were also less likely to violently recidivate than non-completers.

When examining the relationship between psychopathic traits and treatment completion, it was found that the lowest risk for sexual recidivism were among youth with few psychopathic traits and who completed treatment (8%). Treatment completers with few psychopathic traits also had a significantly lower sexual recidivism rate than treatment non-completers with few psychopathic traits (8% versus 44%). Overall, youth with many psychopathic traits were less likely to complete treatment than those youth that exhibited few psychopathic traits. Youth with many psychopathic traits were characterized by general and violent recidivism, but not sexual recidivism per se. Individuals with many psychopathic traits but who completed treatment had lower sexual recidivism rates (14% versus 25%) and significantly lower violent recidivism rates (33% versus 83%) compared to youths with many psychopathic traits who did not complete treatment.

Freakin.Insane
im lost
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Quoting kustomkidz:

So your son is a sex offender? How old is he?

obviously, and he is 14.. 13 at the time of the offense

masonsmommy107
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:02 PM
He needs the help this is what's best for him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on May. 14, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I'm sorry. *HUGS*

ShirreeM
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Quoting masonsmommy107:

He needs the help this is what's best for him

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Wait what? How did this happen? I'm honestly curious...no bashing. What did he do at 13? I'm glad they have programs like this. I'm sorry youre so nervous but it'll be for the best mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjfamily
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM
It's for the best. At least you know you have done everything you can to rehabilitate him..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)