Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

We knew it would be coming soon but in June he is being screened for a youth sex offenders program. He will be sent 12 hours drive away or a period of 9-12 months  :( He hasn't spent much time away from home.. I hope it goes okay.

*back story instead of answering a dozen times. He put his hand down his 5 year old step sisters pants while at his dads visiting them last summer. Happened once, she told her mom, they called me, I told them to press charges, he plead guilty.. was very cooperative. He went through tons of psychological testing and counselling..  he got 24 months probation with some conditions and has to attend a program. Also came out he was molested by a neighborhood child when he was little.. so he is going to get counseling for that too.

by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Replies (61-70):
cherib82
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Do you know which neighbor kid messed with him? Your son needs some justice too right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glynch
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Quoting KitschyGirl:

I've been following your story even though I don't usually comment. The truth is, I don't know what to say. What a courageous mother you are being. I can't even begin to know how I would handle this if it were happening to my family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lv_my_babies
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Sorry mama. *HUGS* and many prayers for all of you.

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Good luck to your family.

I am curious, how is it handled when he is around children you get than him? Is he not allowed to be around them alone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisa_7777
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Don't ever let no one bring you down, sounds like you are doing a grate job, you are deffently going the right way about this! Like others have said at least your not just sitting back doing nothing about it you have found the recorces ect. I hope it all goes well for you mumma. All the best!

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting lovehimforever:

First off I want to say thank you. Thank you for being a responsible parent and getting him the help he needs instead of pretending they nothing happened. When people do not acknowledge what happened and try to fix out, that it how rapist are formed. So thank you for doing your part to protect your son and society. Because of you he will be ok. Because of you he does not have to live with the secret of being molested.

Im sure that him being gone will be very hard, but im sure it will be great for him as well. I wish the best of luck to you and your family!

thanks that sure means a lot.. I've heard so many times that its my fault and I am a shitty parent etc.. it is nice to hear some positive comments too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisa_7777
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Exactly! I'm curious too. !!
????

Quoting cherib82:

Do you know which neighbor kid messed with him? Your son needs some justice too right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aspiemom0203
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM
I'm sorry. I hope this works for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momswag
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I hope he gets the help he needs. 

CABZS
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting CadensMommy813:

Its really good that he is going to be able to deal with his own issues of getting molested when he was a child. Most people that have been molested, go on to do the same to someone else, to get the "power" back, that was once stolen from them. Hopefully he will get the help he needs and never repeat what he did. Does he feel any guilt over what he did? I'm truly sorry that your son was molested and that he touched a little girl like that. I hope too that the little girl is okay and doesn't have any issues with the incident.

he does have a lot of remorce.. and guilt.. he was very uncomfortable and had a hard time talking about the impact on the little girl.. he was very ashamed.

Did he ever say why he did it?

Finding out why is a big part of healing & hopefully never doing it again.

wicked_tink
by goofy goober on May. 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM

if this comes out wrong i apologize op....at least you stood your'e ground and did was right...and as for him i hope he gets the much needed help he needs because he needs this :( its a horrible ordeal but i hope it gets better for you all hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)