Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

VERY URGENT! Special Needs Pet Rescues. -PIC- Edited with more info.

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM
  • 14 Replies

Does anyone know of any?

FAITH WILL BE GASSED TOMORROW IF NO RESCUE CAN STEP UP FOR HER!

Faith is a deaf pit bull at the Altus Animal Control. She has shown a little aggression towards other dogs, so she'd do best in a home without any other pets.

If she doesn't get out soon, she will be GASSED.

If anyone can share any info about pet rescues or special needs rescues, please let me know. My mom has spent a lot of time with Faith (she has 2 dogs already, 1 that is deaf) & said she is a VERY sweet, gentle girl that just needs some TLC.

You can also find more info on Faith's status by going to Friends of Saving the Paws of Altus webpage on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/FriendsofAltusPaws

***Kennel 42***
Female Pit Mix
Deaf

'Faith'

Date Available: NOW!!! (OS)

<><><><><><><><><><>

Contact details for Adoption / Rescue

580-481-2285

Altus Animal Control Stray/Reclaim Area
2200 Enterprise Drive
Altus, OK 73521

**PLEASE DO NOT CALL ABOUT THIS FURBABY UNLESS YOU ARE GENUINELY WISHING TO ADOPT OR RESCUE.**

If you would like to help us help Faith, a link to our chipin is here: http://friendsofaltuspaws.chipin.com/we-gotta-get-out-of-this-place

THE PROCESS FOR ADOPTING, FOSTERING, OR RESCUING:-

1. IMPORTANT:
All applications MUST go through Animal Control and be approved FIRST. A Federal 501c3 is mandatory to pull from this shelter.

2. Our volunteer will have the animal taken to the vets for vetting and boarding until transport.

3. Animal Control cannot arrange transport for you.

PLEASE don't call Animal Control for updates of this animal's status -The page admins will update information as soon as they know anything...

*** Please be aware that we make no guarantees whatsoever as to the health, temperament, mental disposition and training of the dogs and cats at this shelter

by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tesserae
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

how sad! good luck to you and Faith.

MawMawKelton
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Start posting her pic and info to all the FB pit bull rescues (and regualr dog rescues too).   Also, go to PetFinders and go to message boards and post her in the URGENT/ needs rescue boards.

Be sure to not only add her picture but ALL of her info and contact numbers for her and when the date is that she will be gassed.

MawMawKelton
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:22 PM

BUMP!

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I would just start contacting pit rescues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fey-enigma
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM

She's a beautiful girl. Best wishes in finding her a safe and wonderful forever home.

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to the body and soul.

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on May. 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I am a member of many rescue groups on FB. PM me, and I'll get more info on her, and post in some.

sparklebug86
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:24 PM

yes, find out if a local pit rescue can take her. Poor thing!

LuvCoopins
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Poor sweetie...i hope she finds a home :( I will ask around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by Mendy on May. 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I posted her pic and the info here in one of the best rescue groups on FB. Hopefully, someone can help her. She's so pretty. Poor baby.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Quoting MawMawKelton:

Start posting her pic and info to all the FB pit bull rescues (and regualr dog rescues too).   Also, go to PetFinders and go to message boards and post her in the URGENT/ needs rescue boards.

Be sure to not only add her picture but ALL of her info and contact numbers for her and when the date is that she will be gassed.

I'm pretty sure Friend of Savving the Paws of Altus has her ALL OVER FB & has posted her on a lot of rescue sites, as well as Deaf Dogs Rock. We dont have a date yet on when she will be gassed. Just whenever the animal control gets too full. : /

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)