Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Already given next years teacher assignment ~~PIOG

Posted by   + Show Post

i always check bran's backpack and red folder for notes and important information. To my surprise there is a packet of information and in it contains a letter with his teachers assignment for next year, a kindergarten to first grade summer work packet/book, summer reading list, parent volunteer sign-up list, and a supply list. Is it me or does this seem a little soon to already be getting this

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Replies (31-38):
UxorQuodMatris.
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I would love that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM
You sound fun.

Quoting grey7399:

Here, summer packets are not "suggested" or a "want to do it" thing, they're mandantory.  Which is why I put my foot down.  If the moron kids need the extra help, fine.  But I'm not putting this extra crap on my kids.

On top of that, I don't get paid to do their jobs.

Quoting mom2ljh:

If its like my son's it's just there if you WANT to do it. It is by required. Get a grip and lighten up.

Quoting grey7399:

1.  work over the summer in addition to what my kids are already signed up for?  first thing that pisses me off.  my kids are older but since kindergarten they've been signed up for summer activities and learning things.  This summer both boys are signed up for engineer and robotics courses

2.  Why am I supposed to keep track of her paperwork all summer?  I'm traveling.  I do not have a "future" file for just her.

3.  all my kids are reading above their grade level as it is.  their reading list is virtually pointless.  At Kindergarten to first grade, how much of a story are they supposed to retain for school work?

4.  The volunteer sign up list... our school asks for volunteers for class parties, field trips, etc.  I will never know my schedule that far in advance.

Quoting fluffball8812:

Why would it pisses you off? me i am just huh'd by it

Quoting grey7399:

that would piss me off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Your the parents if you dont show an interest in your childs learning why should your child? It is the teachers job to teach but its the parents job to help. Would it be that hard to keep the papers in a folder for the summer and grab a few out each day and say her guys do this. while I fold laundry. Or tell them to grab a book and read for 20 minutes.

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Moron kids?

Quoting grey7399:

Here, summer packets are not "suggested" or a "want to do it" thing, they're mandantory.  Which is why I put my foot down.  If the moron kids need the extra help, fine.  But I'm not putting this extra crap on my kids.

Quoting mom2ljh:

If its like my son's it's just there if you WANT to do it. It is by required. Get a grip and lighten up.

Quoting grey7399:

1.  work over the summer in addition to what my kids are already signed up for?  first thing that pisses me off.  my kids are older but since kindergarten they've been signed up for summer activities and learning things.  This summer both boys are signed up for engineer and robotics courses

2.  Why am I supposed to keep track of her paperwork all summer?  I'm traveling.  I do not have a "future" file for just her.

3.  all my kids are reading above their grade level as it is.  their reading list is virtually pointless.  At Kindergarten to first grade, how much of a story are they supposed to retain for school work?

4.  The volunteer sign up list... our school asks for volunteers for class parties, field trips, etc.  I will never know my schedule that far in advance.

Quoting fluffball8812:

Quoting grey7399:

that would piss me off.

Kool_Aide
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Quoting grey7399:

that would piss me off.

It would "piss" you off? Are you really that easily angered?
tifferie
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM
She's a peach.

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Moron kids?

Quoting grey7399:

Quoting mom2ljh:

Quoting grey7399:

Quoting fluffball8812:

Quoting grey7399:

that would piss me off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
that would piss me off.

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
What? I was questioning the "moron kids" thing. I just found that to be a rude thing to say.

Quoting kirstina:

Your the parents if you dont show an interest in your childs learning why should your child? It is the teachers job to teach but its the parents job to help. Would it be that hard to keep the papers in a folder for the summer and grab a few out each day and say her guys do this. while I fold laundry. Or tell them to grab a book and read for 20 minutes.

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Moron kids?

Quoting grey7399:

Quoting mom2ljh:

Quoting grey7399:

Quoting fluffball8812:

Quoting grey7399:

that would piss me off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I am with you A.J.s_mommy. I was adressing Grey7399.

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

What? I was questioning the "moron kids" thing. I just found that to be a rude thing to say.

Quoting kirstina:

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

Moron kids?

Quoting grey7399:

Quoting mom2ljh:

Quoting grey7399:

Quoting fluffball8812:

Quoting grey7399:

that would piss me off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN