Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

OK Google happy moms....I need your help!

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:54 AM
  • 6 Replies

I just need to find some numbers and I don't have the time before my day care kids arrive! This is really bugging me!  This is what I need (and I will explain later what I'm trying to investigate.....its HUGE! Has to do with SIDS.) If this info cant be found I'm going to raise a stink with licensing! 

Number of licensed in home or Family child care providers in Minnesota 2002,2011,and 2012

Number of licensed centers in Minnesota 2002, 2011, and so far in 2012

Thank You Ladies!

Reason for finding these numbers in 3rd reply

by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM

bump!!!!

hollinicole
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Since I dont have any daycare kids to later I will see what I can find for you.

Found this working on finding more.

http://www.startribune.com/local/141314823.html

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Thank you! This helped a lot. I was just upset to get a letter to all providers stating the facts of  infant death since 2002 on the rise. They proceeded to compare centers to in home! Which is ridiculous! The number of in home way surpasses centers! Looks like they are going to change the ratios (which means even less children I can take) I cant think of any other changes except for not allowing doctors notes to sleep infants on their tummies. Its weird the Star and Tribune mentioned older children because my letter was specific to infants with the same numbers.

Here Ive been doing child care for 7 years...not even a single injury report or sanction but I will probably get punished. Its sad that there is a rise, and I would like to know the cause too. But to compare in home to center is just plain stupid! The county needs to do more research then just putting a quick blame/comparison. 

Quoting hollinicole:

Bknotnobody
by Sadie on May. 15, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollinicole
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM

That is crazy. I know around here a church daycare had 2 cases of SID lasts year, one which was a 18month old which is weird cause he was outside the age group. My thing is even if they give us less numbers it can still happen, sadly,  unless you are looking at the child the whole time they are sleep. And I don't see how they can compare day cares and home. We have a lot more rules we have to follow handed down from the state and gov't.

I have not been able to find any break down of the numbers.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Thank you! This helped a lot. I was just upset to get a letter to all providers stating the facts of  infant death since 2002 on the rise. They proceeded to compare centers to in home! Which is ridiculous! The number of in home way surpasses centers! Looks like they are going to change the ratios (which means even less children I can take) I cant think of any other changes except for not allowing doctors notes to sleep infants on their tummies. Its weird the Star and Tribune mentioned older children because my letter was specific to infants with the same numbers.

Here Ive been doing child care for 7 years...not even a single injury report or sanction but I will probably get punished. Its sad that there is a rise, and I would like to know the cause too. But to compare in home to center is just plain stupid! The county needs to do more research then just putting a quick blame/comparison. 

Quoting hollinicole:

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Yea what does provider/child ratio have to do with an infant that dies while sleeping? They are pulling at straws. I check on them every 15 min....the number of other children in my care have nothing to do with it

Quoting hollinicole:

That is crazy. I know around here a church daycare had 2 cases of SID lasts year, one which was a 18month old which is weird cause he was outside the age group. My thing is even if they give us less numbers it can still happen, sadly,  unless you are looking at the child the whole time they are sleep. And I don't see how they can compare day cares and home. We have a lot more rules we have to follow handed down from the state and gov't.

I have not been able to find any break down of the numbers.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting hollinicole:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN