Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you prefer drunken sex or sober sex?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM
  • 42 Replies

A recent survey revealed that half of German women prefer to have sex after a drink. Fifty-five percent said they like to be tipsy while having sex, and 7 percent want to be downright wasted. Because making love is just so much fun when the room's spinning.

C-Date.com performed the study, surveying the alcohol-fueled sex habits of 5,670 men and women from 11 different countries. The results echoed a study from 2009, which found that 48 percent of women prefer sex under the influence.

Kathryn Lakeland led the latter study and argued that women's propensity to hit the bottle before bed indicates a lack of self-confidence. She told the Daily Mail:

"The fact alcohol plays an integral role in their love lives shows that women are looking for a boost in self-esteem when it comes to their bedroom antics. A large percentage will actually refuse to get between the sheets without a bit of Dutch courage."

She found that 6 percent of women have never had sex sober, and one in six admitted that they "didn't have the confidence" to sleep with someone unless they were drunk.

Depressing statistics, yes. But for the majority of women, isn't "drunk sex" more about relaxing? As one commenter put it:

"People drink when they watch football, too. I think people just like to drink during recreational activities. Isn't that the whole point of drinking?"

Meanwhile, the C-Date study found that 52 percent of men say they don't need any alcohol to get in the mood. In fact, most avoid it in order to prevent any embarrassing bedroom mishaps.

I like both!! Sober sex during the week and drunk as hell sex on weekends!!!!!! LOL

by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommommymomx5
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:13 PM
sober, my hubby can get a little crazy when he's shitfaced.
luvinmy3babes
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Sober, I feel like im being sloppy when im buzzed or drunk. I also feel like my kissing is super sloppy wile/drinking too. I also don't have as much energy wile im drinking so I feel like my effort goes downhill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2MikeynLando
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Both

Earth_Mama90
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Both I use to love drunk sex but now I feel like its hard to get off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Both for me. There are times when a good drink helps relax me...like vacation sex. 

sprinkle99
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Drunk sex for sure it's so much better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples04
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Quoting sprinkle99:

Drunk sex for sure it's so much better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Sober.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I have never had drunken sex a and have no desire to. so I gonna go w/ sober sex.

shortcakes13
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I like both... but my hubby gets whiskey dick when he is really drunk and sometimes it just takes too long...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)